- Be sure to share your views with us - by doing so you'll help support the site!
- 'Outsmarted and ineffective': ARLukomski on Notts County v Barrow
- How important is Michael Doyle now to Notts County?
- How does it feel losing the World's Oldest Football League club tag?
- ARLukomski assesses Notts County's FA Cup win over Ebbsfleet
- ARLukomski assesses Notts County's clash with Hartlepool
- ARLukomski assesses Notts County's clash with Chesterfield
- ARLukomski assesses Notts County FA Cup win over Belper
- Mitch Whiley: Is the National League competitive and how have Notts County got accustomed to it?
- Faces of PON: Notts County vs Torquay
- ARLukomski assesses Notts County's clash with Torquay
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'first division'.
Found 1 result
On this day in 1981 Notts County sealed promotion to the top flight after goals from Trevor Christie and Rachid Harkouk at a hostile Stamford Bridge saw them claim a 2-0 win over Chelsea. With the game having been 36 years ago, there isn't much media around on the interwebnet, but I've dug around and found several audio and video clips of it. Here's the television report on ITN (as far as I know this is as much as there is in terms of video highlights). Here are the final 10 or so minutes of radio commentary by Brian Tansley and Terry Bowles on Radio Trent (credit to KorkInNotts for the video). And here is a link to a short clip of Colin Slater commentating on Harkouk's goal. http://jkpkwa.bay.livefilestore.com/y1ptj1jMsTm2lRC0mhAH9IrgmPrYvKj1isP2bJAoR1-5WFUW_FPFANePNtkKUXeSiyxCsdMwCC8wLFhzP2WniAV2A/1981-05-02Promotion.mp3
Pride of Nottingham is an independent fansite devoted to Notts County, the world’s oldest league football club. Created in 2013, it has served as a source of Magpie news, features, match previews, reports, analysis and interviews for more than three years.