- Be sure to share your views with us - by doing so you'll help support the site!
- Stat Attack: Notts County vs Exeter City
- Notts County sign Craig Mackail-Smith on loan from Wycombe
- On This Day: Notts County triumph over Ascoli at Wembley to clinch 1994-95 Anglo-Italian Cup
- ARLukomski: Notts County against Morecambe was a snoozefest
- ARLukomski: Notts County one step closer to oblivion
- ARLukomski: Notts County against Port Vale - dross all over
- Stat Attack: Notts County hope to make it four unbeaten in Port Vale fixture
- Chris Fairclough helps ex magpie defender Thierry Audel earn coaching badges
- Stat Attack: Notts County hope for joy at Tranmere Rovers
- ARLukomski: Reality check for Notts County as Newport run riot
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'gareth southgate'.
Found 1 result
Former Notts County manager Sam Allardyce says he is "jealous" of Gareth Southgate and believes it should be him leading England at the World Cup in Russia. The 63-year-old left his post as England coach by mutual agreement in September 2016 after only one match in charge, following claims by a newspaper that he gave advice on how to "get around" player transfer rules. In a BBC documentary to air on Sunday, Allardyce said of his departure: "That decision was made very hastily. "Jealous is what I feel. Massively disappointed. That should be me there. Unfortunately because of the circumstances that wasn't the case. "One night I was playing golf - next day they said you can't carry on. And I still don't know why… because in the cold light of day, there was no substance, nothing behind it. "If a bit more time was taken, a bit more patience, I believe I should still be the England manager. "I've bounced back now - and while I will be extremely jealous I will be watching Gareth and the lads and hope they do extremely well." Share your thoughts about this news story on Pride of Nottingham by signing up to the website, visiting the forum and joining in the chat with hundreds of fellow Notts County fans. Fancy showcasing your brand or business on Pride of Nottingham? Click here to find out more about sponsorship and advertising opportunities with us.
Pride of Nottingham is an independent fansite devoted to Notts County, the world’s oldest league football club. Created in 2013, it has served as a source of Magpie news, features, match previews, reports, analysis and interviews for more than three years.