- Be sure to share your views with us - by doing so you'll help support the site!
- 'Poor for 80, decent for 10': ARLukomski on Northampton v Notts County
- 'So slow with our passing': ARLukomski's views on Notts at Aldershot
- Notts County fans' forum: Key points
- 'Outsmarted and ineffective': ARLukomski on Notts County v Barrow
- How important is Michael Doyle now to Notts County?
- How does it feel losing the World's Oldest Football League club tag?
- ARLukomski assesses Notts County's FA Cup win over Ebbsfleet
- ARLukomski assesses Notts County's clash with Hartlepool
- ARLukomski assesses Notts County's clash with Chesterfield
- ARLukomski assesses Notts County FA Cup win over Belper
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'new years day'.
Found 1 result
Port Vale manager Neil Aspin has hit out at the penalty decision which helped Notts County claim all three points in a 1-0 win the New Year's Day game at Meadow Lane. Kevin Nolan's charges had been denied several key decisions by the referee but were given the opportunity to take the lead late on when Marcus Harness's shove on Jon Stead led to the awarding of a spot kick. From 12 yards out, the veteran striker smashed the ball into the top corner, leaving goalkeeper Ryan Boot no chance, to keep Notts well in the automatic promotion positions. “I have watched it back on the laptop and there is minimal contact. He was already going down," Aspin told the Stoke Sentinel. “For us, it’s a really bad decision and I don’t think we deserved it. “I can’t fault the effort of the players. We have had a tough run of games and they come out of that with a lot of credit. It is a real shame that the unbeaten run has been ended by a referee’s decision.” Share your thoughts about this news story on Pride of Nottingham by signing up to the website, visiting the forum and joining in the chat with hundreds of fellow Notts County fans. Fancy showcasing your brand or business on Pride of Nottingham? Click here to find out more about sponsorship and advertising opportunities with us.