Family Tree, Another Branch.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,307
  • Days Won:  17

Some PON Members may remember back in September, that I shared exserts from My Family Tree  thanks to a Genealogist , Doctor Tom Cobblers.

A Couple of days Ago Doctor Cobblers got back in touch and told me he'd found out, more information regarding my Ancestry, as it was last time

I had Nothing  to do with this Research, so as last time this Work Is All Cobblers.

Historians Among you may Remember that in Ancient Greece  the Greek's fought a Battle against the Invading Persians, at Marathon and were victorious, they sent a Messenger back to Athens some 26 miles away, to tell the People of the Greek Army's Victory. Apparently that Guy was an Ancestor of Mine. He ran the Full 26 miles in one go, (the Marathon Race is named after that feat), he ran into the City and Declared "We Won" where upon the Poor Guy Fell Down Dead. The Fact He Was Waring A Gorilla Suit, Didn't Help Matters.

A Great Uncle of Mine fought in the Boer War, at the turn of the 20th Century and was present at the Relief Of Ladysmith. In Fact She Was So Impressed With Him, She Invited Back The Following Night.

At the end of the 19th Century and the start of the 20th many children had to Forsake their education and go out and get a Job, to help out with putting food on the table and paying bills. My Grandfather (who was born in 1905) was one such Child at the Age of 10, he left School and Got His First Job. That being a Wringer Out for a One Armed Window Cleaner.

In 1979 Sir David Attenborough  Launched his Epic TV Series, Life On Earth. My Uncle Charlie was part of his Research Team and like other Team Members came up with little Known Facts Regarding the Natural World. Uncle Charlie's claim to Fame was the fact he found out, that Stick Insects Mate Very Very Slowly, In Case Of Fire.

So there you are fellow PON Members, should you wish to fined out more about your Ancestry Go For It. But it may be Better to Avoid Doctor Tom Cobblers.

• Haha 1