Music And Love.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,307
  • Days Won:  17

Since the Arrival of Pop Music back in the 1950's , songs have in the Main been about Love. Love Won, or Love Lost, the Singers feelings about their Relationships their Hopes and Fears, and what makes it all the More Incredible, back at the Start of the 50's the whole Story would be put to Music and Told in a little under 3 minutes. The Record which began the Musical Revolution is usually the King of Rock n Roll (Elvis Presley, for our younger readers) massive Number One Hit Heartbreak Hotel. That song was inspired by a Suicide Note found by the Police on a Man's body somewhere in America, and reported in a Local Newspaper. The Note it's self carries the Line "I walk a lonely Street". The Lyricist read the report and thought to himself, Now where does this Lonely Street lead to? Of course Heartbreak Hotel, and as they say the Rest is History.

In My own opinion the Greatest Songwriter/Performer of the 1950's was Buddy Holly, his volume of work and Hits which he recorded in such a Small Space of  time was truly Amazing. Buddy could tell a Story of Love and Loss, his Hopes and Dreams about his Relationship, and all usually in under Two and a Half Minutes. Incredible. His smash hit Peggy Sue (originally Cindy Lou) was dedicated to a Girlfriend of a Band Member of the Crickets, Buddy's backing Group. Before he died Buddy was having some fun Banter with Waylon Jennings a Prodgie of Buddy's . In Jest Buddy said he hoped  the Bus Waylon was travelling all the heating would pack up and he'd  Freeze. To which Waylon answered Well I Hope That Little Old Plane Of Yours Crashes!! Unfortunately for Waylon it did, Killing Buddy Richie Valens and the Big Bopper. Years later American Singer/Song Writer Don McClean wrote his Classic Hit American Pie, in which the line the Day the Music Died, referring to the Tragic Accident. People often Wonder what Buddy would have gone on to accomplish musically had he lived.

In the 60's was the Emergence of the Battle of the Bands. Namely in the UK The Beatles or The Rolling Stones. Chart success and Sales wise it was the Beatles, who had 20 Number One Hits. However the Stones win the Longevity Award. The 1970's was my Era, when I started to listen to Music and buy Records. I was more into the Heavy Rock Scene than the Charts,  I did however buy Singles. Going back to the Story telling in Songs Terry Jacks had a Hit Single in the 70's titled Seasons In The Sun. A Story of a Friend who Died Of Cancer. Once Punk Arrived I went fully back into Heavy Rock. Once I got married and older my Musical Tastes did mellow slightly, but I've never Entirely abandoned my Rock Roots. And certain Records Do (like most People) Evoke Some wonderful Memories or In a Few cases Not So wonderful.

I Don't Listen to Pop Music Nowadays,( like all Previous Generations before me have said in turn) I think Present Day Music is Crap. I mean a Love Song with the Lyrics "I will catch a Grenade for you" Wow, what type of Person would want to Go out with someone, who gets Grenades Thrown at Them? Nope I'm Going Back To Wallow in Nostalgia. How about You?

• Like 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,367
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man My cousin was 11 years older than me, she was an Everly Brothers, Dion, & Buddy Holly fan, she liked Elvis too. 

I was only four at the time, but when we visited my Aunt, my cousin, she'd put her record player on & I'd listen to all of them.

I Soon knew the words off by heart, Cathy's Clown, Bye Bye Love, Runaround Sue, Can't help falling in love, True love ways, & many more.