EFL review to stem losses at EFL 1 and EFL2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

Well it's all Well and Good the Championship and Leagues 1 & 2 attempting to Cut Costs or attempting to cut loses but what about the Premier League? The Cost to compete in that Division is Crazy anywhere from  £20 million to £100million plus Transfer Deals, players being paid anything from a £100k to £500k a week is disgusting, until the Premier League Costs and Payments are bought under Control how are teams further down the Football Pyramid going to compete? They'll need to spend money (which they probably have Not Got) to be on Par with other Richer Clubs.

Take Notts as an Example should they gain Promotion next Season how much Extra cost will the Owners have to pay out to enable them to put together  a side capable performing and competing in League 1? And how much of that cost will be passed on to the Fans?

• Love 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,487
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Absolutely @Wheelbarrow repair man

I think the TV companies are selling the EFL clubs short for the televising of matches by just paying them £935 million over five years yet the PL are getting £6.7 billion over a 4 year period.

In my opinion the EFL should be getting much more plus advertising revenue too.

The Club  I follow service was sacrificed so that the EFL could get 50% more revenue from the TV companies but I believe that was a big mistake.

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

Posted (edited)

So Very True @Robbie here's yet another reason why the EFL should break away from the F.A and let the Premiership go it's own way has I have said before. Every Club outside of the Premier League is on a loser and with Championship Clubs trying desperately to get their share of the Prem Gravy train are spending well above their means in order to do so. It seems that Leicester City will already start at a disadvantage next season with a points deduction before a ball has even been kicked. And despite Promotion and the money injected into  Clubs who get to the Premier League last season all clubs who got Promoted have been Relegated back to the Championship this season.

And as you have stated those Clubs will have a huge advantage over all the other Clubs in the Championship due to the Parachute  Payments System. It just gets worse and it will remain so until the people who run the EFL are replaced by others who have the Lower League Clubs and their Fans interests at Heart.

Edited by Wheelbarrow repair man
  • Like 1