Would You Support a Great Britain Team?

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

With the Euro's now in full flow and England and Scotland having different experiences and some of the shocking Results England and the Home Countries have had in Past Major Football Tournaments what if all the GB FA Authorities could agree, do you think a Great Britain Side would do any better in the Euro's or World Cup. But more importantly, would team GB Get The Support?

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,489
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

When the Olympic games come around, there are always many people who ask the Question. Why isn't there an Olympic GB Football team.

The answer to that is very simple. The Home FAs can never come to an agreement regarding a GB team, and the other big reason is this.

Unlike the World Cup & Euros, the Olympics are run by the I.O.C & if GB entered a team, there would be a concern that it would damage the Home FAs image with FIFA & UEFA, & there would be a push to have a UK team rather than allow four UK teams to compete separately.

It is down to football politics. Would I like to see a GB football team in the Olympics? Yes I would. Will it ever happen? No it won't.

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Yes, but support is very loosely based on what it is.

I haven't watched our Olympic team for years, but I wish them all the best, and I am delighted when I read about how they have done. That's quite a passive way to support them, but in my younger years I did find it easier to be excited about watching it.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

@Robbie

There have been GB Olympic teams in the past they won Gold on three separate occasions in the .early 20th Century, 1900, 1908 and 1912. They have been more attempts at forming a GB Olympic team in recent years which included some Professional Players but the GB team failed to  qualify for the competition. 

Over the years I think it can be said England have had the most success in qualifying and playing in Major Tournaments, but would a Great Britain been a better choice? Players like George Best, Dennis Law, Kenny Dalglish John Toshack would have easily got into the England team of their era. Billy Bremner Pat Jennings Terry Hennessey and Gareth Bale are  players from other UK Countries who would have benefitted playing in a Combined GB or UK Team. There must be a long list of Players (other than Englishmen) who would make it into a Great Britain Side a side capable of Winning a Euro's or World Cup Final.

• Like 1