How To Cure Footballers Fatigue.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,074
  • Days Won:  17

During the Euro's We Heard How Tired The England Team was Well I Have A Cure.

Make the Champions League Just That. Champions From Each Country Only. No Group Stages Just a Knockout Tournament Pure and Simple.

That Way The Poor Lambs In The England Squad Wouldn't Be Tired.

Make the World Cup & Euro's Finals between the Top 16 Teams Ranked in The World. 4 Groups of 4, with the Top 2 From Each Group Progressing. No Qualifying Rounds Just Straight Into The Finals. Less Matches Means More Energy And Less Fatigue For Players. Have The Finals Played In One Country instead of 3 Less Plane Travel Less Jet Lag Less Tiredness For The Players.

It's Easy When You Think About It. What Do You Reckon My Fellow PON Members ?

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,147
  • Days Won:  154
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

You are absolutely right @Wheelbarrow repair man with your suggestions.

Not only would they help to reduce the fatigue factor, doing what you suggest would also make matches much more exciting for the spectator too.

Trouble is, there's one big problem with your suggestion. 

Football is now a money making exercise, and reducing the number of finalists would reduce, the number of matches, which in turn would reduce revenue significantly.

Where does the revenue come from? It comes from the TV Companies, who in turn make their money from the advertising revenue they get from selling advertising slots in the lead up to, & during the matches.

Then of course, you have the spectator admission revenue too, not forgetting the fees that the stadium owners get for staging the games for international matches, plus the local economies that gain from supporters spending their money on hotels, food, beer & other spending.

So instead of reducing matches, the plans are always to increase the matches to increase the revenue.

Players well being has become but an afterthought compared to the clamour for megabucks to be made from these mega tournaments.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

True so very True @Robbie. If the World Cup Finals get any bigger then all the Footballing Nations In The World will be In The Finals. Same Goes for the Euro's as well.  But the F.A Aren't bothered as long has they Get Paid  Massive Amounts of Money Eventually there won't be Any Ordinary Fans at Football Games, it will all be Corporate and only the Rich will be able to afford to Attend Matches, because the Ordinary Fan will be Priced Out.

Didn't  Notts C.E.O Joe Palmer say they were going to  Increase Hospitality at Meadow Lane?  So they'll be hoping to Attract More Businesses to Notts to pay the Club more Money to increase the Revenue and the Fans at Meadow Lane who have followed the Magpies for years will be Frozen out Eventually because of Cost.

Would You want to watch the Magpies in Action at the Lane from behind Plate Glass Windows, for Every Home Game? I know I wouldn't. Could You Imagine the Derek Pavis Stand ,the Kop Jimmy Sirrel Stand and the Hayden Green Family Stand all Crammed with Hospitality Boxes Piled on top of Each Other and the only way you'd get to see your Favourite Notts players is through a Glass Window. Or maybe you can watch the Game Live on the Big Screen in the Nest. Paying a lot of Money for the Honour? 

I know it Sounds Crazy but give it a Few Years and See how things Develop and Maybe these words won't Sound So Far Fetched As They Do Now.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,147
  • Days Won:  154
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man

Makes me wonder why Notts  haven't thought about rolling out a big screen at Meadow lane and open up the Cop or Jimmy Sirrel stand so that supporters can watch an away match and the club make some more money that way.

On the other hand, I bet they probably have.

They could certainly do it with the Nest and make a packet doing that.

Although I suppose they will look to attract away supporters going to the Forest matches, so that idea might not be feasible.

But I'm sure they are looking at all the options 

• Like 3

@Robbie

You know that's Not a Bad Idea. Open the Nest Up when the Magpies are away, so Fans can Watch their Favourites in Action. Yeah I can See the Appeal. As long as they made it affordable to watch so a Family can also watch. Maybe a Quid A kid . A Fiver for the over 60's and a Tenner for everybody else. I'm sure the Club would Get Plenty of Takers. Food and Drink also available you'd be on a Winner There.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,761
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

The only issue is this would lose a lot of revenue in the Champions League group stages. It would have a further impact on the broadcasting side, as they won't want to lose the potential coverage that the games offer. It would be good for the players, in principle.

However, I think teams just need to be more aware of how frequent players are playing.

Squads are usually large enough to make changes, which would reduce the fatigue caused by playing often. Yet, clubs and managers are more inclined to field their strongest squad, but from a development point of few making the odd change in games which aren't as crucial or where other fringe players could keep up, then the obvious answer would be not to over play first team players.

The UEFA Nations League should have been introduced with the mindset that nations must only choose x senior players and enforce them to bring in newer talent. This has added more games but the answer to reduce fatigue is to make use of your full squad. For example, if Liverpool are playing a club considered smaller, would playing 3-4 of their fringe/younger players make much difference?

• Like 1
  • Love 1