McGregor Retires From Scotland Duty.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  17

Callum McGregor  who spent time on Loan at Meadow Lane as Retired from International Duty. The 31 year Old represented his country 63 times and also Captained the International side.

Scottish Manager Steve Clarke said he was disappointed with the News, but said he understood McGregor's reasons.

The Celtic Captain said he was honoured to have represented his country in two Major Tournaments. And added  

He would Now Focus All His Footballing Attention On His Club Side.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,874
  • Days Won:  162

i am saddened to read this, its been a joy seeing him play for celtic and scotland, but i always felt him representing his country was something that stood out more than scottish league football. i suppose he wants to focus on that, but i do think he could offer them more for a few more years.

its just sad still, because you luck forward to seeing ex players like him on the international stage.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,369
  • Days Won:  161
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Callum has served his country well on the international scene.

Looks like one of the reasons that prompted Callum to retire from international duties were fitness issues according to this report.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/c5y83l52de8o

It is always sad when a player retires either from domestic or international football.

It is sometimes very hard to make that decision. Is it too premature, will the player have regrets?

I think it is usually the case that a player knows when it is the right time, & Callum can now concentrate on what remains of his club career.

I wish him well.

• Like 1