Players Released/offered New Deals

weymouthPIE

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

Announced on Notts official website today:

Striker Chris Iwelumo has returned to Watford at the end of his short-term deal which saw him join the club on the last day of the Loan window.

Defenders Tom Williams and Carl Regan have been released

Both Damion and Jordan Stewart have been offered new deals

Talks with Luton Town regarding Midfielder Andre Boucaud are on-going.

Only thing that surprises me is the release of Carl Regan, he wasent as bad as others made out i didnt think.

I know there are better players out there but better players wont be happy to sit on the bench waiting for Kelly to be injured or suspended.

Think we need another RB as cover for Kelly, a striker (preferably not some old man who's lost it) and perhaps more importantly, we NEED to offer Alan Judge a new deal. If we can do that and get Boucaud on a permanent basis I'd be reasonably happy :)

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Only thing that surprises me is the release of Carl Regan, he wasent as bad as others made out i didnt think.

I know there are better players out there but better players wont be happy to sit on the bench waiting for Kelly to be injured or suspended.

Think we need another RB as cover for Kelly, a striker (preferably not some old man who's lost it) and perhaps more importantly, we NEED to offer Alan Judge a new deal. If we can do that and get Boucaud on a permanent basis I'd be reasonably happy :)

Carl Regan would of been good cover, hopefully Keith Curle will replace him with a versatile defender but I think we have good options for CB. I hope Pearce will get some chances, so it just leaves the defense and maybe a striker. I don't expect many signings personally, though I do hope we get cover. I really hope Judge signs a deal, even if it's one year we need to show him ambition, as it's not all over with our promotion fight.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  1

Very pleased that Tom Williams and Carl Regan have been released. If we are all honest, they we're deadwood as far as playing a role in the team was concerned.

Jordan Stewart and Damion Stewart have impressed me, Damion especially. Jordan Stewart needs to sharpen up a bit but when he does I believe he will be a good reliable left back. Damion came to Notts last season, and lets be honest, was a bit clumsy to say the least! However, this season he has come back a more intelligent footballer and although he has had a bit of an average spell recently, he really impressed me in the earlier in the season!

Also Regan's gone?

Yes, He was released today with Tom Williams.

• Content Count:  53

Free up a bit of money that can spent on new players or keeping existing players such as Judge.

Free up a bit of money that can spent on new players or keeping existing players such as Judge.

Yes, maybe some young hungry players who cost a little less.

• Content Count:  401

ok so we have been releasing players.....which i am pleased about it has been a few transfer windows since we have been making a move so early....now we have the time to find those fresh players to add to our squad. i look forward to seeing who we have join!

ok so we have been releasing players.....which i am pleased about it has been a few transfer windows since we have been making a move so early....now we have the time to find those fresh players to add to our squad. i look forward to seeing who we have join!

We're rumoured to done a deal with Mansfield for one of their forwards, he comes with some positive thoughts from those I have spoke with. That's one, I hope we can get a couple possibly on loan.

Archived