depression......

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,773
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

No, not about Jamie's standing amongst the Notts faithful but on more serious matters

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Stuart-Brothers/story-25980779-detail/story.html

I know Stuart left his media job at Notts just recently. What I didn't realise was this piece he had written for the Post. It takes a great deal of ***** to stand up and say you have a problem. I sincerely hope he gains meaningful employment soon. 

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,995
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I recall reading it at the time, he told me and another Notts fan about it shortly after it was published.

It's something I can fully relate to him, the pain of depression can be overwhelming and it's hard to fight back. You can have a loving family, appear perfect on the outside and even to a degree put a brave smile on - yet inside it can be different.

Also, it's saddening when people think just because you suffer from an illness it means your weak. I find people with depression to be very strong, you have to be in order to survive.

I'm sure Stu will go onto bigger and better things.

--

On a side note, I wrote about my own struggles in 2013 and was pleased to do a series for them which helped get my feelings out. http://www.time-to-change.org.uk/blog/depression-i-felt-i-had-to-be-a-strong-person

Archived