Stepping up

TheCalFoster

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  7
  • 𝕏:  twitter @TheCalFoster

Now that everyone has a "fresh start" under Cooper who's going to step up and stake claim to a place in the starting line up. So many players have played well in the reserves only to not be given a chance in the match day squad now this is their opportunity to step up and stake claim to a place in our team. I know every manager says "clean slate" and whether they mean it or not are two different things. Now hopefully a few of the following Snijders, Aborah, Sharpe, Atkinson and even Sarpong can step up and prove other managers wrong..

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,995
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

If you want to play competitive football, you must have a competitive team and that firstly starts by everyone working towards one goal - which is to actually claim a first team position.

Likewise, if you have players under-peforming in consecutive games they probably shouldn't be allowed to continue earning their place.

So I think the basics must be applied, which I am sure Cooper will do because to 'breed' the desire to earn their place - players must know not to take it for granted. Now Loach has been given a chance, I get the feeling we may see him dropped. I'm also not the biggest fan of Wes Atkinson, he's just too raw for me. Snijders, Aborah and perhaps Murray deserve to start more regularly because they have shown commitment when they have featured.

Lartey Sarpong for me should be making guest appearance from off the bench, I'm not sure he's ready to start regularly.

Fingers crossed McKenzie is given a chance (otherwise there is little point him being here).

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,773
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Uncle Colin suggested that MC was trying to get 2 loan players in. Right Back is a concern. Neither Atkinson nor Hewitt are strong enough defensively. Is Boyce actually match fit at centre half? Adams should hold his head in shame at Exeter's first. 

Piethagoram's Pompey chime...

Loach

Wildin, McKenzie/Amevor, Hollis, Milsom

Snijders Thompson Aborah Noble Valencic

Stead

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  322
  • Days Won:  7
  • 𝕏:  twitter @TheCalFoster

@Piethagoram almost forgot we had Amevor! Milsom at left back seems a good option, Valencic playing again and Snijders actually playing from the start would be interesting.. 

@notts-joe Agree with all your points, either way it will be an interesting few weeks..

Archived