JOB 4

Ruben 5.5

Wootton 4

Cal n/a

Subs

Sam 5

Francis 4

Brunt 3.5

No words says it all. No guts in defence when it mattered, always someone else's responsibility. Too soft, no midfield warrior, attack thread bare without Ruben and Cal

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  382
  • Days Won:  8

Best team won we were poor all over the pitch. Grimsby wanted far more than we did and it showed , and to throw away a goal lead in the last few seconds was criminal , a push in the back when the player is facing the touch line was a nonsense thing to do, he was going nowhere.  Another season at least in thi division with some more former league sides to battle for the promotion.  Not convinced we will be challenging. 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,062
  • Days Won:  54

🚨 Trigger warning, I'm handing two 7's in my ratings 😵

Slocombe 7 - Dealt with balls into our box well, looked more confident with the ball at his feet and didn't actually have that many saves to make.

Brindley 5 - Quiet game, not under that much pressure defensively but didn't ever really carry the ball out of the defence like he can.

Lacey 7 - Solid, won most his battles with Taylor, some vital blocks and generally defended well.

Cameron 6.5 - Good to have him back, few dodgy touches but dealt with their threats.

Richardson 5 - Not much luck going forward other than one great cross for Ruben's header, doesn't defend with the same attacking urgency at times and tried to do too much by himself.

Chicksen 6 - Pretty solid defensively, didn't get forward enough for me, really felt like we were playing a back 5.

Palmer 6 - Didn't/wasn't able to get on the ball at all in the first half, more involved as the game went on always trying to hassle Grimsby midfield who looked more assured than ours.

O'Brien 5.5 - Played quiet deep, and never really did what he does well making those runs beyond the back line.

Roberts n/a - Don't know what to say other than I hope it's nothing serious.

Rodrigues 6 - Lost his threat and influence when he dropped back, passing a bit wayward but a calm head for the penalty.

Wootton 6.5 - Tireless running, I thought he was pretty good considering he had little support and attacking options close by.

Subs

Sam 6.5 - Gave us an outlet with his pace, touch and hold play was good just a shame we never got forward enough as a team to cause much of a threat.

Francis 5.5 - He's a bit slow at times, reminds me of Doyle in that sense, good on the ball but didn't really affect or change the game.

Brunt 5.5 - Probably had our best chance in open play in the second half of extra-time, actually drove us forward a few times. Just not that player that game needed.

I thought we were too defensive and risk averse last night, which is odd to see from us. Needed to push up and be braver. Grimsby were the more cohesive unit but it was a close game that was settled by dead ball situations.

Archived