The Man in the High Castle

Feral Fox

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

Anyone else watched the new series from Amazon's own stable?

I'm on episode 5 now and it is superbly shot. Excellent drama, but great attention to detail and very well acted.

I think the past two years have been a real game changer for the new kids on the block such as Netflix and Amazon. They have proved themselves again and again to be up there, if not better than the traditional tv producers from U.S.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

How do you get to see stuff from Amazon? Do you have to have on of those new fangled smart TV's?

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

Think you need a HDTV, and then an Amazon Fire Stick to get access. Though perhaps you can also view their programs through the web. You can also get 'ahem' updated Fire Sticks to view Sky.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

On 12/18/2015 at 23:12, hissingdwarf said:

Anyone else watched the new series from Amazon's own stable?

I'm on episode 5 now and it is superbly shot. Excellent drama, but great attention to detail and very well acted.

I think the past two years have been a real game changer for the new kids on the block such as Netflix and Amazon. They have proved themselves again and again to be up there, if not better than the traditional tv producers from U.S.

I haven't watched it, just seen some ads for it - it looks very good. Have just read it's based on a novel so I'll want to get the book.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  3,589
  • Days Won:  75

On 19/12/2015 at 08:42, tonyhateley said:

How do you get to see stuff from Amazon? Do you have to have on of those new fangled smart TV's?

There are many dodgy ways to see this I can pm you an easy one if you so wish TH) but the legal way is to buy a firestick about £25 and a prime subscription (which is worth it for the delivery alone if you ever order from them because with the subscription you get automatic next day delivery for free)

Excellent series based on Philip K Dicks novel . Superb production values an you can see Amazon weren't messing around and knew they were onto a winner. It is now their biggest selling drama ever and has been renewed for a second season.

Great book and great drama series.

Archived