Bedtime stories!

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,179
  • Days Won:  23

I was interested in hearing peoples stories and tales about notts!

This gentleman was telling me how he would always see Pedro Richards after matches and Pedro would give him a cigar that another player had given him, but one match we weren't playing very well in the first half, so this gentleman sees Pedro after expecting a cigar like usual, only for Pedro to turn around and say he had smoked it at half time after such a stressful first half!

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I've been told quite a few stories, my Grandfather would speak about the golden era of being a Notts fan.

Last year, I was told about how a former defender got annoyed after a pitch invasion had taken placed - this defender basically argued with anyone 'verbal' and when fans came back with attitude they would be offered outright to have a fight. Supposedly, Jimmy Sirrel didn't like this and told the defender that if he was going to fight that he should do so away from spectators (behind the back of the kop). Jimmy clipped the defender around the ear after he lashed out at a fan squaring up to him and supposedly this defender was quite commonly getting involved with fights.

--

When @GrannyPie was younger, she was playing around near Meadow Lane. She was approached by a smartly dressed man who wasn't keen on seeing her playing/crossing the busy road outside the ground. She instantly realized who the person was, it was Tommy Lawton and she quickly obtained his signature. He spent a good 10/20 minutes talking to Granny Pie and he then walked her home because he didn't like seeing her crossing the main road.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

You should have seen how they changed the old score board, there some good stories about happenings involving it.

Archived