Jimmy Spencer has left the building

DangerousSausage

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,727
  • Days Won:  23

well considering he has 10 mins here an there it's hard to say a actual GAME isn't it elite ?

But tell me this when was the last time you saw job stead hold the ball up ?

Did you see the Wimbledon pattern hoof the ball stead falls over ball comes back again hoof the ball stead has no touch or control ball comes back 

Pattern re emerging you can't say a game cause the bloke has never had a full match to prove himself unlike stead who's been dross and still gets a game.

when does Murray hardly start a game he's better then most and he can't get a game and again he's another young one who will soon leave and we will be left with two strikers 32 an 33

Even McLeod won more headers and better control then stead had all that game an stead still stayed on the damn pitch is the bloke a untouchable 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

So you haven't seen Spencer have a good game for ages, which must mean you are basing your judgement on the Spencer we saw before his injury.  If we could get that Jimmy Spencer back I would sign him up long term in an instant.  But will he get back to that level?

You talk about Stead a lot - I think he's been mixed so far, but I think he's suffered from being played in strange positions.  Based on what I've seen of both this season I would pick Stead before Spencer.   

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  18,302
  • Days Won:  28

13 hours ago, Elite_pie said:

This is my theory on why he's gone which is based 100% on guesswork and nothing else.  Spencer was getting frustrated at his lack of first team opportunities.  The Cambridge No 9 has just been ruled out for the season, so Derry fancied Jimmy as a replacement.  We have a squad which is way too big, putting a serious strain on the wage bill.  A few phone calls were made, and it was decided it was in everyone's best interests to let Jimmy go.  

It remains to be seen whether this decision is right or wrong, but if Jimmy can get back to his peak he will be a great signing for his next club.  There has to be a doubt however that he will get back to being the player he was before his injury, because to me he hasn't looked as good since.  I would have preferred to see him go somewhere on loan so we could get an answer to that question before we released him.  Good luck to him wherever he goes.

I agree there, going on loan would of been a much better option if hes not going to be played.

Archived