Ratings Notts v Morecambe

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,781
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Collin 4... missed corner for first goal, only positive one excellent throw out..pity he doesnt release more quickly. 

Tootle 3.5.  Little influence of any substance, several misplaced passes of head in hands proportions

Dickinson 3.5 Referee gave him benefit of the doubt, could have been easily a straight red for an early challenge

Duffy 4 another Port Vale player where you have to ask, did he ever play in a higher League?

Hollis 3.5 ..back to usual expectations

Forte 5.5 MOM... offered some good skill second half

Laing 4 ..Like K. Pearce, was looking forward to his second spell at Notts... but disappointed as his "quality" seen first time, appears to have vanished

Richards 5... One of the few positives from last night. Let down by his so called fellow midfielders who were anonymous

Rodman 3... Why? Why 3, no "Why" is he even on the pitch. Stanley ( sorry @Elite_pie) offers far more than this guy. Seems to be JS's love child, cannot be dropped despite some tepid performances

Burke 2... even that rating may be overly generous. If you want a person to go missing, he is your man. Appalled by his attitude following Morecambe's first goal, with his "not me guv..it was him". Get rid

Stead 4.5 Should have scored within first 30 seconds .... lack of midfield service, didnt help matters. Whole midfield as a unit last night forgettable, 

Subs

Collins 4.5 added pace, good run and shot which was well blocked

Oliver 5... powerful header, a little too late

Audel 4.5 offered more going forward, but not confident enough when he got into a shooting position. Mobility did help the side though.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

1 hour ago, Piethagoram said:

Rodman 3... Why? Why 3, no "Why" is he even on the pitch. Stanley ( sorry @Elite_pie) offers far more than this guy. Seems to be JS's love child, cannot be dropped despite some tepid performances.

I agree that it's one of life's great unsolved mysteries how Rodman manages to stay on the pitch for 90 minutes week in week out, but Aborah is every bit as ineffective.  Against Mansfield Aborah sauntered round the centre circle area, and barely managed a tackle or a pass that went forward.  It was like playing with ten and a half men.  I'd love to see the stats on the amount of ground he covers in a game, but I bet only Adam Collin would be behind him.  Our lack of energy in the middle of the park is staggering.  A traffic cone would contribute as much as Rodman, Aborah and Burke do in that area.

Whilst we muster similar opinions on a lot of Notts matters, our difference on Stanley really reflects on the options around him. I wasn't at Mansfield so will take your comments on board. However it is a team game and other players need to make themselves available to receive the ball... something that has been lacking in prior games if Stanley is considered the midfield king pin. What I would say Elite is Stanley is perhaps the best deliverer of a ball from a dead ball than some of the wasteful deliveries yesterday. 

I would counter that by asking how many of Stanley's dead ball deliveries have led to a goal?  For a supposedly creative player his number of assists is incredibly low.  He doesn't do defending, so what exactly does he bring to the team apart from a few fancy turns?

@Elite_pie His deliveries are so good, they out fox the oppositions defence and our players too, who are not used to such inswinging / outswinging deliveries :D ..What I would say with Stan, you get a player that attracts one or two opposition players drawn to him, freeing up space for our other players to take advantage of. The fact is that they don't so it isn't Stan's fault!!! :D

We just beg to differ on this one topic Elite!

True, I don't think we'll agree on Mr Aborah.  It will be interesting to see where he goes next, because I don't think he's Sheridan's type of player.

Unfortunately have to agree with you..perhaps Eindhoven bound come January. I am even expressing doubts over Sheridan's own player picks...just a marginal improvement on Guy's and that's not saying much

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

ID: 1  

Collin 5 Did make a couple of good saves before half time

Tootle 2 Not a wing-back

Dickinson 3 Not a wing back, wing backs must have pace and be good going forward

Duffy 5 Not the problem last night

Hollis -1 yes, minus 1. the handball was inexcusable and killed the game

Forte 6 MOM very good for 70 minutes until moved out wide

Laing 5 See Duffy

Richards 6, Fadad a bit after the penalty but very encouraging

Rodman 4 I thought he was good for the first 30 minutes in a more central position, he's not a wide man.

Burke 0 I said a few weeks ago he shouod never play for Notts again and proved me right

Stead 5 Should have had a penalty after 30 seconds

@ivansneck A touch harsh on Hollis scoring below Burke! I couldnt see what  had happened until I saw the Sky TV video today. Dont know he was trying to do. Penalty given away for nothing

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,588
  • Days Won:  22

@ivansneck A touch harsh on Hollis scoring below Burke! I couldnt see what  had happened until I saw the Sky TV video today. Dont know he was trying to do. Penalty given away for nothing

Fair comment, but the hand ball was right in front of me so made it look worse...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,920
  • Days Won:  162

burke and hollis really need to go now, both lacked and looked lost. replace!

i cant rate the players because most would be under 2!!!

Archived