Ratings Notts v Peterborough

Piethagoram

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,782
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Collin 4 Beaten too easily by a good long range shot for first goal. He got no where near it. Still cannot  communicate effectively with his defence

Tootle 5.5 Skinned for the second goal but put in a good shift after that. Solid ball winning and worked good positions.

Dickinson 3.5 may seem harsh. His non clearance cost us a goal. 2nd half put some good balls in but overall he is too leaden footed.

Duffy 5 Good distribution 

Milsom 5 solid without being spectacular

Laing 5 Shaky start, scored when it mattered. Always prepared to come out with the ball. A defensive slip too and it would have been a harsh penalty for supposedly handball

OConnor 6.5 MoM only real creative force.

Burke 3.5 It escapes me why he is on the pitch. No effort, no tracking back, JS waited too long to sub' him

Campbell 5.5 got the energy and a well worked goal. His final ball is just so dammed frustrating at times

Forte 4.5 struggled to get into game and was well marked

Oliver 4 No goal threat again. Effort yes, effectiveness a big fat zero. Had a good chance of a good lay off and failed miserably

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

38 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

Even though it's a hard game to rate Piethagoram because every player deserved no more than 2/10 for that awful first 20 minutes, I still think your ratings are on the harsh side.  I liked what I saw for the rest of the game, even at 11 v 11 we were the more dominant side after their second goal.  Here's my attempt at an objective rating over the 90 minutes:

Collin 5.5 - didn't have a lot to do but seemed slow to react for their first.

Tootle 7 - Caught out for their second, but recovered well and posed them problems going forward.

Dickinson 6.5 - put in some good crosses second half that deserved a better end product.

Duffy 6.5 - always looks better against less physical strikers, built well from the back.

Milsom 6 -  solid without being spectacular.

Laing 6 - never looked confident defensively, but at least stuck at it.

O'Connor 7 - much better, gave us the midfield presence we so often lack.

Burke 6 - the usual mix, but got into some good positions on the edge of their box.

Campbell 7.5 - always involved, good goal, looked our main source of danger.

Forte 5.5 -  tried but never really posed a threat.

Oliver 5.5 - won a few headers but missed a couple of decent chances.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stead 4 - good to see him back, but he barely touched the ball.

Collins 6 - not enough time to impress.

For once I left the game feeling more happy than depressed.  We looked like we would be hammered, but the players suddenly found the fight that has been so lacking recently.  The likes of Tootle, Dickinson. Duffy and O'Connor showed they are capable of much better than we have seen from them so far.  It all counts for nothing unless it's repeated on Saturday, but the change in crowd atmosphere (even though there weren't many of us) was obvious once the players started to show some effort.  They need to make this game the turning point..  

@elite_pie My ratings are always based on midpoint of 5, whereas others tend to use a base of 6. Thought Dickinson was taken to the cleaners first half, just how many times he allowed crosses coming in? Yes, a better second half with some good crosses but not good enough to capitalise on. We need a left back with some pace. As regards your comments on Burke? If you watch him closely, you see some real half hearted challenges with absolutely no conviction. Stan gets a bad press but Burke takes the biscuit.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  631
  • Days Won:  8

Burke fires off a crowd pleasing 20 yard out shot every so often, but I don't think his performances have improved since he came to Notts. I'd rather see Richards given a chance as he can hopefully only improve with more game time, and seems to show more energy than Burke.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,041
  • Days Won:  71

17 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

@elite_pie My ratings are always based on midpoint of 5, whereas others tend to use a base of 6. Thought Dickinson was taken to the cleaners first half, just how many times he allowed crosses coming in? Yes, a better second half with some good crosses but not good enough to capitalise on. We need a left back with some pace. As regards your comments on Burke? If you watch him closely, you see some real half hearted challenges with absolutely no conviction. Stan gets a bad press but Burke takes the biscuit.

My midpoint (for a standard, acceptable performance) is 6/10.  I agree on Burke and his challenges - he's not the smallest bloke but he's weak in tackle and infuriates me the way he turns his back when going for a header.  His only plus points are his creative and attacking skills, and I thought he was better in that sense today.  That's why I like these ratings threads, there's no right and wrong but the more we get the more those not at the game can try and work things out!

Archived