Ups n Downs

jsrjay

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  109
  • Days Won:  0

So we all know that every clubs dream is to get into the premiership.

So with the new season aproaching (after the world cup that is) whos coming down from the premiership and whos going up from the championship?

Down

Blackpool

West Brom

Wigan

Up

Burnley

Forest (i pray and hope)

cardiff

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,983
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I'm going with;

Down

Blackpool

West Brom

Wolves

Up...

Burnley

Sheffield United

Middlesbough

Pretty similar, I have the feeling sheff united will make the push. I was going to say forest but then I'd be agreeing 100% with James. Wolves and West Brom won't survive but stand a decent chance, blackpool have no hopes IMO..

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,285
  • Days Won:  69

I think it's a bit too soon to make any predictions for next season until all transfers have been completed.I do think though that as with previous seasons promoted teams tend to struggle & relegated teams don't always bounce straight back.Regarding our local sides, as things stand,I think Notts will manage to stay up, at least. Forest expectations will be much higher than last season & having just missed out in the play offs may find life a little harder next season.At Xmas last season Forest looked odds on for an automatic promotion place but their away form fell away completely(I do like this bit)after visiting Pride Park.They should be up there again though.As for the Rams,I hope for a lot fewer injuries for a start.Nigel Clough knows injuries can't be used as an excuse next season as even with a fully fit squad mid table was about all we could have expected.The World Cup starts on Friday & England should progress to the next stage,then who knows.We stand as good a chance as any team.By the time the Word Cup is over a lot more wheeling & dealing will have been done & league teams prospects will become clearer,so for now let's just wait & see

'

• 5 months later...

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,285
  • Days Won:  69

Mid november now & approaching the critical xmas period.Most teams by now know their realistic expectation.

The Rams are doing better than I expected & seem to be learning how to cope with teams that try to stop them playing the type of flowing football that Nigel Clough wants them to play.A playoff position would be very acceptable but still a long way to go before thinking about promotion.

Forest are doing as I expected.A couple of wins or defeats make all the difference regarding league positions.

With little transfer activity I think Forest will finish in the top half.

Notts are struggling after the shock departure Craig Short.The changes & signings that Paul Ince has made

need time to settle but time is runnig out.

The next few weeks will be very interesting.Will Derby continue their impressive form or fall away like Forest last season.Will Forest do the opposite of last season.Can Notts put a run together.

As I said the Xmas period is nearing & the next few weeks will be very interesting.

Archived