England - Pressured to Succeed

KB1862

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  1,054
  • Days Won:  13
  • 𝕏:  twitter @KB1862

Below is a link to an article I wrote about problems that occur with England as a whole.

https://writeupkb.wordpress.com/2020/09/02/england-pressured-to-succeed/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,141
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I haven't read the article yet, but I thought I'd give my take on the England squad before I did.

There was a lot more pressure on the 'Golden Generation' to achieve than what we have seen from any of the squads put out by Gareth Southgate so far. England were tipped to struggle in the previous World Cup, yet came back having finished 4th and making the semi-finals. There's a bigger issue with us as a nation, we don't focus on coaching like other countries do - I mean, it's got a lot better but it's still far from perfect.

We need to see more English born players playing in other nations, in addition to the Premier League actually committing to playing at least 5/6 players within the starting line-up.

There's this obsession with casting an eye elsewhere, which takes the focus away from what we actually need to do.

When Spain were dominate we wanted to improve our training setup and facilities.

When Germany dominated we wanted to bring in young players into the setup.

It's gimmick after gimmick, and never what's best for English football. The press will always add unnecessary pressure on our professional athletes, it's no different with any of them. Biggest issue, when we're the best at something it tends to show. When we're not, it's hard to feel annoyed about reaching the semi-finals - hence why all the papers called Southgate's squad heroes and quite rightly so. 

Archived