Match Discussion: Game 24 - The Bees (H)

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,352
  • Days Won:  81

Game 24 - The Bees (H)

Team: Barnet

Date: 21/01/2022

Where: Meadow Lane

What line-up should Ian Burchnall opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

In their last game, Chesterfield beat them 4-1.

They look to be the type of team that attempts to hang onto games, instead of going for the win.

On paper Notts should be comfortable but this could be one of those games where we are too complacent. The win being expected but they do their best to see the game out as a draw, with Colin Slater's death it will be cumbersome. I hope Notts smashes them, as I think we are as good as Chesterfield. There is no guarantee, I just hope we bring the game to Barnet.

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  3,557
  • Days Won:  9

The club will be in mourning after the loss of Colin Slater, its hard to see how the game may unfold due to this. Notts must be at their best for this.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,371
  • Days Won:  1

Barnet have been poor, it could be another hammering if pushed.

I could easily see it being a comfortable win.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  8

Could and should be 3 points towards our goal of promotion.  We have slipped up in these types of games, where we are expected to win, before. I never speculate on team selection as I can do nothing to input upon it, thats down to the coaching staff, but recently they seem to be making a decent job of it....with the odd blip

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  89

Barnet's results have picked up recently; they've beat Torquay, Woking and Maidenhead and drawn with Boreham Wood. By no means a given that we beat them, they are not the same calamity Harry Kewell side we pasted on the opening day.

• Content Count:  1,114
  • Days Won:  54

I do think it’ll be harsh not to start Sam in the same way I thought it was harsh Mitchell didn’t get to start after he bagged two goals earlier in the season. I think attackers/strikers need that run of games, and I think it’s why we are yet to see the best of both Sam and Mitchell. I can't see either Woots or Ruben being dropped for him though.

Assuming everyone is fit then you'd have to probably switch to a 4-3-3 to get Sam in the team. Then you can have Sam and Roberts/Ruben playing alongside Woots and still get numbers in midfield with Palmer, Vinny and Ruben/Roberts. I don't think we'll play 4-3-3 so he'll probably be back on the bench - just means he'll just have to come off and score!

As for Barnet Mason Bloomfield, Adam Marriott, Ephron Mason-Clarke and Sehat Tasdemir are all out so that's 4 decent attacking options we don't have to worry about. They've got more out too so we definitely won't be facing them at their strongest and right now there form has dropped a bit so on paper it's a good time to play them.

Fingers crossed we get a performance that can honour the memory of Colin Slater.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Barnet haven't won in their last 4 games but one of those was a 0-0 draw at Boreham Wood which was a fantastic result. They didn't play well in their last 2 games. They scrapped a home draw with Altrincham and then were crushed 4-1 by Chesterfield, it was 0-0 at HT but Chesterfield went up 4-0 before Barnet replied. Notts have a fantastic home record. It will be an emotional night. We pay tribute to a great man and the best way to honour his memory is with a win and I think Notts will do just that. 3-0 to Notts I reckon and more than a few tears shed in memory of Uncle Colin. I think I have something in my eye......

• Content Count:  1,114
  • Days Won:  54

Disappointing that this was called off and it just means we've got more games to fit in, however Halifax losing at Maidenhead and Chesterfield losing in the week and drawing yesterday means the gap to the top hasn't really increased. Good wins for Stockport against Dagenham and Bromley against Grimsby though means they gain. Only six points points separating the top 7 now, with us occupying the 7th spot with 2 games in hand...