Match Discussion: Game 25 - The Stones (A)

PON_News

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  18,352
  • Days Won:  81

Game 25 - The Stones (A)

Team: Wealdstone

Date: 25/01/2022

Where: Grosvenor Vale

What line-up should Ian Burchnall opt for? What will be the key areas for the Magpies to get a victory? What do you think the final score will be?

Have your say below, join in with the Pride of Nottingham match discussion.

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,114
  • Days Won:  54

Half expecting the team to get there but be locked out the ground, that or 15 mins into the game the floodlights fail. I just want it to be played, so please let there be no problems.

I think it’ll be similar to the Kings Lynn game, they’ll set up to frustrate and if we can’t get much joy we’ll switch formation to get Roberts higher and wider.

I noticed they had one of their players sent off against Woking at the weekend, hopefully he’s their star-man!

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  8

Team should be chomping at the bit to get out and play, hopefully use the frustration to good effect and not self implode. IB will need to manage this game well

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

It's a game Notts should be winning. We have to break the habit of allowing the opposition to score first. It will bite us in the butt eventually. 

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,713
  • Days Won:  36

Definite must win game as we are then going into a spell of some tricky fixtures, followed by another spell of tough games. My worry is that some of our players will be pretty rusty, having not played for a couple of weeks, but on the plus side they should be fresh.

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,368
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

If Notts pile the pressure on Wealdstone, a good result should come, and we might enjoy a few goals.

The main thing is to leave with the win.

However, it would be great for confidence if Notts won 4 or 5-0 and put together a solid performance. The postponements surely make some of our players more eager to do well. The process has to be on focus though, no game is won before kick off and Wealdstone can be extremely unpredictable at times. If we can work the ball and, control the game, chances shouldn't be few or far between.

3-1 is my score prediction.

Cal Roberts, Kyle Wootton and Matt Palmer to score.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  2,480
  • Days Won:  68

Supporter+

Not a great first half. Stuck in 3rd gear for most of the game, went into 2nd gear for a bit and Wealdstone struggled. Notts need a bit more urgency in the second half. 

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,114
  • Days Won:  54

Pfft, not great but not a disaster either.

Second half sounded better, very disappointing to not score though. The non-event first half was probably just as if not more costly. Very similar to Kings Lynn expect this time Wealdstone shut us out. There’s just something sometimes about these away games to the teams nearer the bottom that we really struggle with, just can’t seem to get going quickly enough in particular.  

I’d have taken 4 points from these two away games, just means there’s more pressure on the Bromley game now, but weirdly that probably suits us.

• Like 1

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,368
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Wealdstone must be happy with the draw, it's s good result for them and credit is due for making the most of the game. I feel a bit disappointed, but it's nothing major. I just hoped we'd make it a lot more harder for them.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Days Won:  162

better with the point and clean sheet than nothing at all, need to work at these types of games tho. we could be back with a bigger gap if we are not careful.