James Rowe

menzinho

The Chesterfield Town manager has been suspended pending an investigation into allegations of misconduct.

Oh dear... Never really came across as a nice guy and from what I've gathered on twitter some people are suggesting he's a bit of a bully - nothing has been clarified yet though so it'll be interesting to see what happens and how it will impact Chesterfield's season.

Chesterfield will be really happy with that signing, however it doesn't change much for me how their season will go. Their manager is toxic and a genuinely unlikeable character. If they are doing well, he will jump ship at the first opportunity. If they are not.... fireworks and everybody else's fault. Let's see how it pans out. 

I posted this after Chesterfield signed Tshimanga. I'm certainly no mystic meg, you only have to watch a couple of interviews to see that there was something off about his character. I'm surprised that its come so quickly after a slight blip in form (loss and draw in the last 2), but one way or the other this seemed inevitable. He has history surrounding the alleged claims - and at this stage it's all alleged pending investigation - but the rumours are flying around on social media. 

I genuinely hope that this isn't the tip of the iceberg. Paying 200-300 k for a striker and having to crowdfund for frost covers is a big red flag. I say that with no malice intended - nobody wants to see another side crippled by financial instability due to irresponsible owners/boards. 

Chesterfield still have a decent squad and are a threat at the upper echelons of the NL - but if we're serious about getting top spot, I seem to think Stockport and Wrexham are perhaps the bigger competition. 

16 hours ago, Super_Danny_Allsopp said:

Chesterfield still have a decent squad and are a threat at the upper echelons of the NL - but if we're serious about getting top spot, I seem to think Stockport and Wrexham are perhaps the bigger competition. 

Especially with Wrexham being able to spend stupid money on a bang average Ollie Palmer. One assumes they are just going to chuck the ball into the box for him to create havoc for Mullin to capitalise, because I doubt they will get many goals out of him. With a bit of luck it may have a more negative effect.

1 hour ago, Fozzy said:

Especially with Wrexham being able to spend stupid money on a bang average Ollie Palmer. One assumes they are just going to chuck the ball into the box for him to create havoc for Mullin to capitalise, because I doubt they will get many goals out of him. With a bit of luck it may have a more negative effect.

It's certainly a strange approach. The owners want Championship minimum - you'd think that investing in a youngish squad with a mix of experienced players would be better long-term - keeping them as they go through the leagues and selling the ones that fall by the wayside. 

Very much a here and now investment - splash the cash on 30 odd year olds and give them 3 year contracts?!

Isn't it nice to see the circus elsewhere, instead of at Notts?

These type of headlines are things we've become too familiar with, so its nice it's a different team (rather than us).

I'm also mindful to hold back directly on commenting as its early days still, however, I am not surprised that Chesterfield are now waking up. There's been something iffy going on since last season and, I am partly wondering now if James Rowe could be someone the club merely wants to blame. You know, push him under the bus and hope for the best?

A bit like appointing Jamie Fullarton seemed as if it happened just to take our eyes off the chairman/club.

James Rowe does seem a little suspect, but we'll never know the inner workings. I read one news piece which suggested he was bullying players, a little bizarre for a club doing well within its respective league - especially since there seems to be more going on behind the scenes.

If Chesterfield are somehow in a situation whereby money is an issue, I would wish them all the best.

It's always the fans who get hurt, and whilst I find a lot of them that I have encountered to be incredibly self-entitled with their own club matters. A little wake-up call never hurts anyone, provided things resolve themselves. We'll have to watch this space. 👀

the only away game i have been to was chesterfield back when we both was in league one. i dont wish any team harm, if things are coming back to bite them in their bottom then its on them. i just hope notts can overtake them in the table at some point.

james rowe has something about him that makes me feel uneasy.

• 3 weeks later...

Mad that they've been able to replace him with Paul Cook, managing in the Championship and Ipswich a L1 club that wanted to get back there recently. He won't be on a small wage...

As for Rowe I guess him leaving by mutual consent means they can keep it all hushed up but it's clearly something big that resulted in this happening. You'd think he'd struggle to get another managerial role but given how there are some seriously dodgy owners out there I've a feeling he'll get something in the future.

As for Chesterfield now, Tshimanga suffered a probable season ending injury. It's not been a good few weeks for them.

Archived