Bury...the never ending story

Piethagoram

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,139
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I hate to write this, but the Bury fans are blaming the "football authorities" for an issue that is only part of the problem within football.

Clubs need to self-administre themselves by the book.

Owners need to take account of their own failures, their own spending habits.

The F.A/Premier League/Football League and National League all must collectively put into place actions not only to safeguard clubs from collapsing but to also make sure that clubs aren't over spending. Does issuing fines really solve this? Does docking points?

I would argue it makes the situation a lot more difficult to resolve, as no fairytale buyer will come forward unless they believe in their own resources.

Should these actions come once a club is safe from over spending?

Even this risks owners who exploit the system and rules, so it's incredibly complex.

It will always come back to the fans being punished for other people's mistakes.

Yet it isn't for the footballing bodies to solely resolve or take 100% of the blame, as that is incredibly naive to think.

Fans also need to take some form of accountability in my opinion, because it's all very well cheering having signed x, y and z. Whilst chasing promotion, or just spending enough to try to float above the danger zones, but it all comes back to spending within your means. I do acknowledge not everyone will have an idea about their club's resources, spending etc.

Yet there's this unhealthy habit in football where greed and ambition turns its ugly head, then you find fans who support spending beyond their means for short term rewards without contemplating the long term damage.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  65
  • Days Won:  3

Interesting 

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  65
  • Days Won:  3

As you know I am Everton fan and I have few friends evertonians who live in Liverpool and who I talk a lot about the club with.

They blame the owner for transfer mistakes and want more spending by club. But at the same time they complain about tickets prices,  merchandise prices, etc. And now they complain about 10% season tickets price rising for next season. 

And I don’t understand how you do want the club spend more but YOU DO NOT want spend more?