Eusebio Passed Away. Rip.

• Followers:  25
  • Content Count:  30,365
  • Days Won:  1,063
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Very sad news, I heard the report on the radio.

The Pele or Eusebio drawn quite a bit of debates over the years, I doubt we will ever see someone like Eusebio grace the international scene - for me he's far better than Pele.

I loved watching the old world cup highlights, especially the one's he featured. Sad news, R.I.P

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

I had the privilege of seeing him play for Benfica at the Baseball Ground in the European cup.I also remember his exploits in the world cup in 1966.A truly great player and a gentleman.RIP Eusebio.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  486
  • Days Won:  3

Very sad to hear about this news. He was a terrific player and great sportsman, a genuinely nice bloke.

Enjoyed seeing him play. Sad loss.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  13,082
  • Days Won:  162

not aware of him sadly, wished i could say something else. r.i.p :(

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  492
  • Days Won:  1

eusebio was a true legend all the highlights ive ever seen of him playing for portugal or benfica could teach some of todays players how 2 play football never dived or play acted when he got fouled just got straight up and got back on with it unlike some big headed portuguese git.

i also agree with joe that he was better then pele as he had no other great players around him really unlike pele for brazil who had several i was rate eusebio in my time 3 of all time maybe only behind puskas and lawton  B) tho a certain someone rates steve bloomer better then lawton.

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  2,140
  • Days Won:  58

The word legend is used very loosely to describe footballers these days. But in the case of Eusebio, that word is spot on. One of the greatest players to grace the game, his record of 733 goals in 745 matches is extraodinary, and his 41 goals in 61 International appearances is perhaps even greater. Rest In Peace Eusebio, a true legend.

BT Sport are showing the official film of the 1966 World Cup tommorow to remember him, should be worth a watch. He netted four goals for Portugal in a game at Goodison Park as they came from 3-0 down to defeat Korea 5-3

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,406
  • Days Won:  69

The word legend is used very loosely to describe footballers these days. But in the case of Eusebio, that word is spot on. One of the greatest players to grace the game, his record of 733 goals in 745 matches is extraodinary, and his 41 goals in 61 International appearances is perhaps even greater. Rest In Peace Eusebio, a true legend.

BT Sport are showing the official film of the 1966 World Cup tommorow to remember him, should be worth a watch. He netted four goals for Portugal in a game at Goodison Park as they came from 3-0 down to defeat Korea 5-3

I remember watching the 1966 world cup matches on tv..South Korea were the surprise package and if I remember correctly had already beaten Italy when they played portugal.Terrific match.Great memories

Archived