Match Discussion: Game 40 - The Iron (H)

PON_News

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,506
  • Days Won:  287

Great performance, wonderful football, comfortable win. It was one of the most one-sided games I've ever seen to be honest. Langstaff has written himself into club history and has equalled a club record that has stood for 90 years. Surely it's a matter of time until he becomes the first Notts County player ever to hit 40 in a season - quite a feat. And to think I was worried when Wootton and Roberts left :D

I thought O'Brien had an excellent game pulling the strings in midfield too.

Scunny  were really, really poor and I can't see them staying up. I was expecting them to at least come with a game plan an try to cause us problems, but apart from trying to exploit our high line and beat the offside trap (which they didn't manage once) there was just nothing. They gave up in the second half. I feel sorry for their fans, that display was a slap in the face. Stockport also ended up in the NLN and are now in a better position than both of us, so hope springs eternal for them.

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,371
  • Days Won:  1

The game ended up being heavily one-sided. I'm not sure if Scunthorpe managed to take a shot on target, but they had the potential to cause a lot of problems for Mair. Unfortunately for them, he had very little to do. Our fans didn't seem to have many complaints, but if you were a Scunthorpe supporter, you might have been disappointed with the result.

• Like 1

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  1,966
  • Days Won:  5

I really enjoyed the game, we smashed Scunthorpe United but the way they played kinda ruined the victory for me. They were proper rubbish, like it almost spoiled the game. If it wasn't for some sick moves from Ruben, Langstaff, Austin, O'Brien, and Palmer, I reckon it would've been dead boring. I know it might sound controversial, but I don't like games where it's totally one-sided, and that's exactly what this was. I'm stoked that we won though, especially with Langstaff getting a couple of goals. The team was sick, but it's just a shame that Scunthorpe didn't put up more of a fight.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  507
  • Days Won:  1

I thought the entire squad played well, given what they were up against. You can only beat the team in front of you, and Notts did it in style. I think Jim silenced his critics with his performance, even though Scunthorpe were poor, he showed his class and helped drive Notts forward. 4-0 flattered Scunthorpe United, as Notts could have easily scored several more goals. Their keeper, who they brought in on loan a few hours before the game, was very weak. His kicking was hilarious!