Where have you lived?

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392
  • Days Won:  18

I'm curious to know - what's the furthest you've lived away from Meadow Lane?

Where have you lived up until now and how does the place you live compare to where you grew up?

I thought it would be interesting to share experiences and let's see how far and wide the Notts fanbase has spread!

Edited by AmericanPie
Some how I missed the "I" off "I'm".
  • Like 6

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

19 miles away now after being born and raised in Southwell, 14 miles away from the ground 😀. Never wandered far as not had the need to, but did once have a long 3 month holiday in New Zealand during the football season, that's almost living away! 🙃

• Like 8

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  29,991
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I have always lived in Aspley, Nottingham.

I currently live 4.8 miles away from Meadow Lane, funnily enough when I lived with my parents it would've been closer to 5 miles. I made a bad decision to move to this other terrible address for a brief time, but luckily, my parents let us stay with them until we purchased our current house. When staying there, I would've been 5.6 miles away. I'm very local to my roots. :D 

• Like 8

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  81
  • Days Won:  4

Just living the dream with two home addresses, one in a quaint little town in North Wales. It’s peaceful and the air is fresher than a daisy. I used to live in an Old Colonial property, older than dirt - with water frontage and three bedrooms. Now I’ve got a pad in the land of sunshine and palm trees. But I think I’m settled now. Just did a quick Google search and it turns out I’m 91 miles away from Meadow Lane. Beautiful stadium, by the way. The pitch and atmosphere are top-notch.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  3,455
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

Mapperley, Edwalton, West Bridgford, Leeds and now Manchester. At least 1.4 miles, 4 miles, up to a maximum of 74 miles.

• Like 7

• Followers:  6
  • Content Count:  3,392

To expand on my previous comment, I would be approximately 4,823 miles away from Meadow Lane. With an ocean separating us, it makes it quite challenging to get there. However, I did manage to take a flight a few seasons ago. It's probably been about 5 or 6 seasons now.

• Like 5

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

i have lived in clifton most of my life which would have been like 6.4 miles. i now live in beeston on my own and i am about 4.8 miles away from meadow lane now.

• Like 6

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,290
  • Days Won:  69

Before getting married I lived in Alfreton which was a bit over 15 miles to the Baseball Ground and just over 16 miles for my visit to Meadow Lane, Notts v Rams in the 1950's

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,770
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

Do I win with Buenos Aires? I was out there when #Notts demolished Spurs 3-0 in Ardiles penultimate game in charge!

• Like 6

• Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

38 minutes ago, Piethagoram said:

Do I win with Buenos Aires? I was out there when #Notts demolished Spurs 3-0 in Ardiles penultimate game in charge!

You missed one of the few highlights of a truly dreadful season! I remember going to Burnley on the following Saturday, optimistic that we had finally turned the corner, we lost 2-1...... 

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  4,726
  • Days Won:  27

I’ve lived in Clifton, Nottingham all my life and have always been a proud resident of this wonderful community. Although I live about 6.6 miles from Meadow Lane, it’s still a special place to me and holds many fond memories.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  12,905
  • Days Won:  162

clifton had many notts fans, its one of those areas where fans settled after the rebuilding of the meadows began. i would say where i lived with my parents, there was more notts fan but there has been an increase in those over the river during my time.

i frequently bump into notts fans in beeston, most are very upbeat and friendly.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  493
  • Days Won:  1

As a lifelong resident of Nottingham, I don't have an exciting background story worth sharing. Despite this, I have contemplated leaving the city several times. My only reason for staying is Notts County - a club that I am passionate about. Frankly, I don't have much appreciation for the city itself.

• Like 2

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  1,090
  • Days Won:  2

Born and brought up in Nottingham, I'm too young to make my own decisions, but I'm not far from being able to relocate, which I likely will do once college is completed. It all depends on where I can find employment.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I was born on Meadow Lane about a quarter of a mile from the ground, I used to walk past the ground to go to primary school, I now live approximately 11 miles away.

• Like 2