Tracking the Careers of Former Notts County Football Club Players

AmericanPie

Do you ever find yourself keeping an eye out for ex-players to catch up on how they are doing? Do you have a favourite player that you follow more closely, who used to play for Notts such as Jack Grealish? Further, when they retire, do you make an effort to stay updated with their activities? Let's discuss...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Supporter+

A lot of ex players seem to start up Football Academies these days. 

Anyone remember Gary Lund? I guess you’re all too young, he became an Estate Agent in West Bridgford. I think I read Don Masson was a financial advisor.

• Like 1

I’ve kept and eye on Kyle Wootton this season, I was reading the Stockport forum about him early on in the season and they weren’t very complimentary, so I stopped! Just watched the EFL highlights and saw him pop up with goals instead. He’s just won Player of the Year and Player’s Player of the Year as well as finishing top scorer for them. So a very good season for him, sad that he’s missing the play-offs with an injury but he could be playing in League 1 next season if Stockport beat Carlisle this weekend.

• Like 2

I might follow them if they come up somewhere, like how Kyle Wootton has been mentioned. He started slowly with Stockport. They have three other good strikers and it seemed like a strange decision when he left us for them. @menzinho Fans don't give players enough time these days. I think that's one of the problems with Twitter, Facebook and some forums.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

If Macaulay Langstaff were to leave, him being such an iconic player in our clubs history, I would keep an eye on his progress with another club like I did Don Masson, all those years ago, players like those you keep an eye on, but other players that leave it's just a passing interest.