Where have they gone? Missing PON members we need back!

Occasionally, circumstances may prevent members from frequently posting on the forum, or they might leave for various reasons. The recent increase in former members and the sad news regarding Who r ya?? You Pies!! has triggered some personal reflections.

Which PON members have you been missing lately? For instance, I have noticed that our invaluable contributor @Super_Danny_Allsopp hadn't posted for quite some time. I enjoyed reading his views on games, as he offered valuable insights, made common-sense arguments, and demonstrated a thorough understanding of how Notts played and how they could improve. I also recollect a young lad by the username @weymouthPIE. I found pleasure in reading his tales of football and, certainly, his thoughts on Notts.

What about you? Just in case they may be lurking, who do you miss?

• Like 14

Supporter+

I miss @Feral Fox and @PTID1862 from long ago, we were the “three amigos” but sadly lost touch, I hope they are well.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I am confident that there are members whose posts I have read, but they have ceased sharing; however, I am unable to remember anyone specifically at the moment. I sincerely hope more individuals return and actively participate.

• Like 4

i am not just saying this because he returned, but i missed @Fan of Big Tone. i know how much he was missed by @super_ram, @GrannyPie and @Chris. im just glad that he is back!

@KB1862 is great when he has time, i know he will back when time allows. @TheCalFoster is another who comes and goes, but i like reading his thoughts. he always writes them in a way you can relate too, even if you dont agree or feel hes just upset. you can respect that.

@Riverleeno disappeared suddenly, he is also someone i liked to read their comments. i then think of when @MuddyPatchPie would pop on and contribute i thought she was great too.

@Cobby posts on the facebook group of pons, i wished he had time for the site. even @magpiejue i looked forward to seeing her replies and miss them when she does not come on. so many wonderful people that makes the pon community. even one comment a week would be nice to see. :) 

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Supporter+
1 minute ago, magpiejue said:

Helloo I'm.here, missing my football already. Missing prediction league too, nice to see @Fan of Big Tone back too.

Hi @magpiejue hope you are well, good to see you here. 👋

• Like 4

@Super_Danny_Allsopp is busy with his life, as is @Cobby.

@KB1862 and @TheCalFoster will be around, they just tend to be busy from time to time. I have invited @MuddyPatchPie back, I have seen her listed as active users in the last 24 hours a few times.

@Riverleeno I have no idea, I last saw him at Notts, and he donated £5 to me which was a very kind gesture.

I have a text file I have stored with many members I intend to invite back, the main thing is to have people who want to contribute. They get what we're about as a community, otherwise it's like Notts, when you have players who don't care about the club. There are so many wonderful members, but if they choose to be elsewhere, that's their decision. I respect it, I don't think less of anyone.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

I liked @Super_Danny_Allsopp; he posted some good things and it would be a shame if he left. Personally, I don’t find that PON takes up much of my time, but when I’m busy, I do prioritise other things ahead of it. @Chris, you should do what feels right for you. If people want to contribute and help improve the community, they will. We need to catch some of these new members in our fishing nets and hope they contribute. I must say, I’ve enjoyed seeing @yelobeli and @menzinho contribute. Even the great @Fozzy has been a welcome addition.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

It would be great to see more members return to the site and contribute their thoughts. There are already some members who are making excellent posts and any contribution, no matter how small, helps keep the site going. I always try to reply to at least five things, usually more. But even in the worst case scenario, I would still post once or twice a week.

• Like 5

I’ve had periods where I wasn’t able to post as much due to other commitments in my life. I struggled with university and took my degree very seriously. I wasn’t always out partying and Leeds even paired me with a job. Hopefully, more members will come back when they have the time. We just need to keep doing what we’re doing, and more people should get involved. There’s no reason why we won’t see more members joining in. The boss is doing his best, as are we members!

• Like 6

Supporter+
3 minutes ago, magpiejue said:

@Fan of Big Tone I'm good thanks. Went to Wembley and so did my mum, shes 91 now. 

inbound4025409687652520474.jpg

@magpiejue You’re both looking great, I wish I’d never given up my season ticket seat next to you, it was a great seat.

Can you remember little grandson George who used to come? He’s not so little now.

0cwWH8n.jpg

• Like 3

There are members missing in action who, for some reason, don’t post. Life does get in the way and the club’s interest may peak or allow them to lose interest. With all due respect, I care not for those who aren’t present but for those who are. I think @Piethagoram has been amazing since arriving and deserves to be named the Member of the Year. If past members want to get involved, that’s good. If they choose to sit it out for whatever reason, so be it. I don’t miss them; I only miss those who can’t be here like @GrannyPie and @Who r ya?? You Pies!!.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Supporter+
Just now, NottsTastic said:

I have read PON for years. I didn’t read it every day, but I came back when I saw @Fan of Big Tone was back. Things change and sometimes what made you upset goes away. But you think people still remember. I am happy to be posting again. I don’t think anyone missed me, but I am glad to be part of the group.

Yes @NottsTastic I have a massive following, they’ll all be flooding back now. :rollonfloorlaughing:

Seriously it’s great you’re back and it’s true what you say, things that upset and fade away with time.

• Haha 1

I believe the most important thing is to ensure there’s always something happening. I keep up to date by reading articles and synchronising all the RSS feeds on a phone app, so I know when new content is posted. There may be times when I post less frequently, but I’ll always come back.

• Like 5

Some people only post sporadically, some lurk most of the time and don't always feel the need to post. That's OK, everybody is welcome! A lot of the people mentioned above are sporadic posters and I enjoy reading their input.

Others do drift away, either from PON or from Notts or football generally. I think the pandemic made a lot of people reassess how they spend their time. That's OK too. I just hope our former posters are well and enjoying whatever life brings them. 

@PTID1862 used to post loads, but I'm fairly sure he made a conscious decision to stop posting. I hope he's well. @Feral Fox still pops up from time to time when he's not doing politics. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I am guilty of losing track of time. I have always enjoyed posting and reading on PON. I go on holiday or get busy and forget to come back. Then months pass by. I have seen many members come and go. It would be nice if a few more would give the site a chance when it’s like this.

Edited by lambleypie
  • Like 2

Members come and go, but having a core group of established members who treat everyone as equals is what really makes a community strong. It's one of the reasons I love being a part of PON - there's no hierarchy, and everyone is valued equally.

While it's always exciting to see new members join, it's also important to remember that old members may not always be around. However, we shouldn't dwell on their absence and instead focus on making the most of the time we have with our current members.

But, we can always hope for the return of old members and welcome new ones with open arms. As long as we continue to prioritise inclusivity and respect within our community, there's no doubt that PON will continue to grow and thrive.

• Love 2

I remember you posting a photo of George looking in wonderment at an insect or possibly a lizard when you were on holiday  @Fan of Big Tone

9 hours ago, liampie said:

kids of today seem to be reviving longer hair, georges hair reminds me of mick hucknall. @Fan of Big Tone

@Chris's jake reminds me of jake bugg. we could have a super band look a like in the future. :D 

I was thinking more Art Garfunkel, @liampie

• Like 3

Life is an ever-evolving journey, filled with obstacles and unexpected changes that constantly force us to adapt our habits and perspectives. Similar to how a site provides valuable content, aiding in our personal and professional development, distractions like Notts can be a welcome respite from the monotony of our daily routines. There's absolutely nothing wrong with seeking distractions, as they can give us room to breathe, rejuvenate our minds, and help us approach life with a fresh perspective. The key, however, lies in balancing the serious with the light-hearted, so we can continue to thrive amidst the ebb and flow of life's challenges.

• Like 2