Stevenage Win... Match Thread

Nesh

I don't suppose @medievalmickey  is very happy either.

I wouldn't be worried myself, I think we can get something from the game. It depends how we go about breaking them down, if it turns out to be another Crawley I would be frustrated but I think Zoko is certainly going to leave an impression.

Will our fans boo him? I personally hope not.

It should be a good game this Saturday, I'd be surprised if Derry didn't get the lads to go all at 'em. Will they struggle to score? I think Bart needs to keep the defence aware.

Stevenage have just beaten Swindon 2-0 today, their first league win since November. Zoko played quite well, and it may well have invigorated them, even though they're still bottom of the table. 

It'll be an interesting battle I tell you, but hopefully Notts will come good. 2-1 to us, goals from Enoch and JCR, the reply from, who else, Zoko.

It was never going to be an easy game, tonight's result won't have any barring on that at all apart from the possibility of them tiring as the game goes on on Saturday. We're in a dog fight and we're going to have to scrap for every single point we get, whoever the opposition. Stevenage wont just roll over, we'll have to be at our best to win the game. Zoko is destined to score one so we best go into it as if we're already 1-0 down  lol

Sounds like our strength against the blades was in our resiliancy, let's face it - it's not our skill!

If SD has really been able to give our players his own fighting spirit, then we'll give anyone a good game. Also, teams who play midweek do sometimes tire out towards the end of a difficult Sat game... at least that's what I'm hoping. UPIES!

@notts-joe - I agree, we shouldn't be booing Zoko, but old players have a habit of scoring against their old clubs and considering how much potential he has (and how little he delivered for us), it would be hugely disappointing if he did come back and bite our *ss!

I think Zoko's time at our club is like a coin, two sided. They're playing him as a striker I believe the majority of the time, he's bound to cause us issues. I mentioned in the 'upcoming game' article that I felt he would score, I still do in a way but I do think a clean sheet is obtainable if Leacock & Smith hold up.

This back partnership is starting to settle, I would keep Manny Smith in.

Just need to focus on getting the ball forward and into shooting position, I'm sure Stevenage will help here. Woeful defence, best part of their teams the midfield in my opinion and Zoko.

Just need to focus on getting the board forward and into shooting position

Is that the whole board, @notts-joe or just Aileen? Sorry! :)

I hope you're right about their defence, but they did well to keep a clean sheet against Swindon tonight. I get the feeling it will be a close and gritty game, but we have to win this one just because it's against Westley if for no other reason!

Is that the whole board, @notts-joe or just Aileen? Sorry! :)

I hope you're right about their defence, but they did well to keep a clean sheet against Swindon tonight. I get the feeling it will be a close and gritty game, but we have to win this one just because it's against Westley if for no other reason!

Haha!! Oh dear, my mind was elsewhere whilst posting.

@erindoors might find it amusing.

Supporter+

The one thing we can be sure of is that this will be a battle. Stevenage will battle all day long and we have to match that. If we do, we won't be beat IMO. I'd settle for a point. 

Supporter+

They will be full of confidence after their win but so should we after our win. As others have said this will be a battle, it will most likely be a not pretty, scrappy game, hopefully we will have the stamina and mental resilience to come out on top. I am hoping for a win but would settle for a draw, the last thing we want is a loss that would put us back to square one and may destroy the teams fragile confidence.

I just hope the ref is a decent one, I can take being beaten by a better team on the day but if we are beaten because of a referees poor decisions it is hard to take.

Anyone more making the trip? I know of a few who are.

I've heard many negative things about their ground but I'm personally looking forward to it, I like visiting new grounds and I don't mind if they're not as good as Meadow Lane or up to much. I quite value the fact grounds should be different :) I'm just hoping there's room to sit, as when we played Coventry at Northampton's ground, I barely had space and it niggled at my knee (alone with the cold).

Notts should go into this thinking we can get something, if they look threatening - they should try to regroup like they did against Sheffield United, I think going forward with the absent(s) of the creative threats we have become used to, it just means players like Fotheringham have to be smarter.

What would happen if him and Enoch scored again? Ha! That would surely give them both a massive boost.

Supporter+

Anyone more making the trip? I know of a few who are.

I've heard many negative things about their ground but I'm personally looking forward to it, I like visiting new grounds and I don't mind if they're not as good as Meadow Lane or up to much. I quite value the fact grounds should be different :) I'm just hoping there's room to sit, as when we played Coventry at Northampton's ground, I barely had space and it niggled at my knee (alone with the cold).

Notts should go into this thinking we can get something, if they look threatening - they should try to regroup like they did against Sheffield United, I think going forward with the absent(s) of the creative threats we have become used to, it just means players like Fotheringham have to be smarter.

What would happen if him and Enoch scored again? Ha! That would surely give them both a massive boost.

Enoch's goal last week was off his chest, it doesn't matter how they go in, maybe that is the luck he needed to start him off on a goal spree. Then again................ :rolleyes:

im actually pretty nervous, i think they will stun us and we need to show signs of being ready to deal with challenges like this. winning sheff utd is a big boost but we need to do well in this game, i hope they can handle the pressure!

In our situation every game makes me nervous, but I cant help feeling that after doing so well on saturday, we'll hopefully repeat the performance again. Their confidence must be high at the moment. what is it...4th in the table on form?

3 points u pies!

Right I am up for this game, I have my ticket ordered and I am looking forward to popping into the pub around the corner from the ground.

Notts will need to keep on their toes! Any news regarding Jack Grealish or Callum McGregor? Actually any news on any possible signings? It seems very quiet as per usual for Notts.

Stevenage are not a very good side, yet with them being at home there could be issues.

After a great victory against the once-mighty Sheffield United, Notts County now travel to the Lamex Stadium to take on Stevenage.

Boro, currently bottom of League One, beat Swindon Town 2-0 at home on Tuesday, the goals coming from Lucas Akins and Filipe Morais. 

Akins told the Hertfordshire Mercury that Stevenage must build on Tuesday's win, and that his team's home games are where their survival hopes will live or die.

“It’s Notts County on Saturday, another massive game and that is our focus now. We will try and go and win that. It’s all about building on [the win over Swindon]. Notts County are in a similar situation. It will be a tough encounter but we will be ready come 3 o’clock on Saturday.

“We are where we are for the moment but I don’t envisage us staying there and neither do the lads. We’re going to work incredibly hard now to get out of this situation.

“We’ve got a run of games coming up now that are obviously very important and it’s vital that we pick up maximum points, especially at home.”

Fighting talk from the beleaguered Boro indeed. Aside from the tricky proposition of playing a team that is in danger of relegation yet is confident following a win in their last game, there's also the issue of a recently departed striker who is on form and with a point to prove to his former employers.

Having arrived at Stevenage in October, it will be the first time Zoko, who has 12 goals in 22 appearances, has faced his old team.

Let's get some thoughts and opinions to how Saturday's game will go.

Weymouth are away to Arlesey Town tommorow, and a 9am pitch inspection is scheduled. A few Weymouth fans live up in Bedfordshire and they say it's been bucketing it down for the last few days with more forecast. They, and a couple of Arlesey fans reckon there's probably a 10% chance tommorow's match will be on. Arlesey is barely half an hour away from Stevenage...

Right I'm getting ready, still looking forward to it.

I will be trying desperately to keep updated on here, so those at home. Please don't forget to add your thoughts, as I look out for these and hopefully I can come back with a bunch of positives and we can all read another good match report.

COYP!

Good luck Notts,you can do it. :thumbsup:

Archived