Will there be a summer this year?

Screenshot_20230802_165715.jpg

After last year's summer, where it reached 40+ in some areas, I thought we'd be in for a decent summer this year.

It hasn't been cold and the weather has been fairly warm but we've had rain practically everyday for about a month now with hints of sunshine beeming down. Not forgetting those thunderstorms that we've experienced especially when there was 4 in one week. 

I'm not expecting temperatures to reach 40 again because when I was working through the heat last year, it was exhausting. Starting work at 6am and temperatures were already at 23 then leaving at 4pm with temperatures at 38. But even if for just one week we could have a decent summer where the sun is out, abit of heat and no rain. Wouldn't that be great? Especially while the kids are off school.

It's certainly caused confusion at the weather station they don't know what to say anymore they change the end of rainy days at least twice a day it seems 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

After such a cold spring as well, we didn’t put our garden furniture out till May and we’ve hardly used it at all! I think the Egg chair has been sat in twice and the patio set used less than a handful of times.

I’m a little worried for the farmers, the crops look way behind when they should be in full harvest by now.

• Like 6

Unfortunately, it seems like there’s no chance of avoiding the rain this year. However, at least we’ve had some sunshine. The main concern now is that winter might be colder than usual, which could be difficult for elderly people due to the cost of living and rising energy prices.

• Like 5

Supporter+

I feel sorry for families with children who are having a camping holiday, I’ve done that when we had small children and no money and it’s no fun in a tent in the rain and wind.

• Like 4

In general, it sucks. We've been planning to do something as a family and every day so far has been unpleasant.

I think we'll have to make things as it is, but it's difficult to complain knowing that Italy is having floods and terrible issues. Along with other nations that are experiencing issues. It really is a terrible year.

• Like 3

The UK is known for its rainy weather, but this year has been particularly bad. On the few days when it has been warm, it’s often been too hot to be comfortable. However, at least it’s been manageable, unlike the heatwave of 2022. It seems like 2023 is shaping up to be the year of rain and dullness.

• Like 2

On 02/08/2023 at 20:52, Fozzy said:

I’m a little worried for the farmers, the crops look way behind when they should be in full harvest by now.

Another excuse to put up the price of food and it won't go back down again.

• Like 1

On 02/08/2023 at 22:39, Fan of Big Tone said:

I feel sorry for families with children who are having a camping holiday, I’ve done that when we had small children and no money and it’s no fun in a tent in the rain and wind.

You ever tried camping when it snowed @Fan of Big Tone ? I have.

• Like 1

Supporter+
7 hours ago, super_ram said:

You ever tried camping when it snowed @Fan of Big Tone ? I have.

Only in our camper van when we got a bit more affluent.

662DCDCD-76D8-493D-BF54-B1577CF0A29C.jpeg

Supporter+

Here’s a shot from around 40 years ago when we went to Cleethorpes and it rained continuously the tent ended up worse than this surrounded by a lake. Our two sons were quite young but they really enjoyed playing in the puddles. That’s my old Austin Allegro in the background.

IMG_0059.jpeg