Jack & The Beanstalk - Playhouse

Chris

I have to admit upfront I wasn't looking forward to it 100%, I actually thought it wouldn't be as good but even I enjoyed it.

1530579_10203256829964457_541995455_n.jp

For children this is great family entertainment, I don't think I would go with just Kate because part of the reason why I liked it was because it was nice to be together but it was very funny. I got sprayed with a water pistol!!!

The majority of the front few rows got it but for me, right in my face! Luckily it wasn't so bad, this poor women on the right side of me had it sprayed at her until she commented back! LOL - Also, the bad guy kept making comments about Notts. He even mentioned after saying the giants fridge was empty that he believes a couple of Notts fans were in the freezer!! When he heard a few boo's he asked 'Why, does anyone here support Notts County'.

Que me to shout 'Yes, we do! YYYYOOOOOOOOUUUU PIESSSSSSSS!' lol

This leaves me to say, have you been to a playhouse panto?

Glad you enjoyed it.What about the kids?

Glad you enjoyed it.What about the kids?

They was glued to the stage, Ava was the one looking around all amazed and clapping (she wouldn't stop laughing). Ellie looked like she was bored but smiles kept forming, when you noticed she would stir at you and say 'I'm watching this' to whoever was looking. haha

Jake smiled throughout and giggling a way!

@Harrys_Mummy It's a shame you missed out, the playhouse is well worth going. The cast are extremely funny and Harry would love it!

Just wait for Jake to get back from school, he will tell you it all. He tried doing so before we went, as he had seen it with school!

We went before Christmas. It was great, one of the kids in our party of three families was picked out to go on the stage near the end and KAT slagged off her mum and dad wonderfully!!

Hehe - The insulting parents is a very funny part!

Did they do the same jokes about Notts when you went?

Just wait for Jake to get back from school, he will tell you it all. He tried doing so before we went, as he had seen it with school!

Hehe - The insulting parents is a very funny part!

Did they do the same jokes about Notts when you went?

Yes!  They make roughly the same jokes every year, last year it was about the Stags!

Like I said in another Panto thread, I've been  a regular with taking the school for the past ten or so years.

Even though the jokes remain the same, I've got to be honest and say the actual performances are going downhill the older Kenneth Alan Taylor gets. He really should have retired when he said he was a few years ago. In fact it might be that next Xmas we take the school to the posh one at the Theatre Royal!

And yes the jokes are recycled every year about Mansfailed and Notts, but like you said a quick u pies is always a good idea, regardless of how many "shut up sir. You're so embarrassing" I get each year!!!

I don't know, I enjoyed his handling but I suppose those who go each year might get tiresome of it. I think it's cool how he connects with the audience, whilst the makes add a bit of humour and flavour.

Personally, I couldn't take a panto based solely on performance or how seriously it's portrayed.

I think this is what puts me off, as at school the teachers take it like it's life or death and everything in judged upon it. When my school would mention a panto, for me it summed up 'getting bored' and yesterday was far from it. However, I heard quite a few comments about the Dame being past it but I suppose it's balanced each way.

Supporter+

Glad you all enjoyed it Joe, our grandson George still talks about it now.

Well ,we had chapter and verse off Ellie and Super_pie mentioned @nott-joe(you pies)When I asked Ava she started clapping.Obviously they really enjoyed it.

It was enjoyable... and i was looking forward to it as i haven't been for years. But everytime i went it was that dame(apart from one year he just directed it).

This pantomime was supposed to be the last one he was going to play the Dame and to me he is a big main part in it so its going to be different from now on. I hope they can keep up the good shows with him still directing it. It can be expensive to go to but well worth it... a great night out. Its nice to go just as a family and enjoy the evening out.

Archived