Germany sack their head coach

Piethagoram

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,007
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Just nine months into the job, how the mighty Germans have fallen. TBH, they're a nation that tends to have bad years because they rely too much on those who have experience without giving many younger players a fresh chance to establish themselves. They go in cycles where they have great upcoming players, but they do nothing with them. I think they should find a stronger manager, that will balance things out for them again.

• Like 3

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

There's a job for Ian Burchnall, has he applied? Or Moniz even? 😁

He started well, but they got stuck in a rut and he couldn't get them out of it. Like England a few years back, the players aren't enjoying themselves and are primarily afraid of making a mistake. The quality of the players at their disposal has declined, but that doesn't excuse some of their recent displays. 

• Haha 3

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

Surprised by that but I agree at the minute the German national team isn’t at strong as it once was, they did recently rely on the experienced players, although they are definitely trying to phase out the likes of Neuer, Hummels and Muller. They are definitely short of a good striker playing Havertz there doesn't work and playing Kimmich, one of the best ball playing midfielders, at right back doesn't make sense to me.

I thought Flick was an elite level coach, I’m surprised he’s not got them to improve. When he took over at Bayern he basically made them unbeatable, even won the Champions League something Pep Guardiola couldn’t do whilst he was there.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  3,461
  • Days Won:  18
  • 𝕏:  twitter TheSkipperNCFC

This decision lacks perspective. Germany is not that bad; they’re experiencing what other major nations are going through, such as Italy, who are lacking in most departments. They have a good pool of players to choose from. My argument would be the management decisions prior to this appointment. They need to make a long-term decision and stick with it, because otherwise, they will fluctuate between good and bad, but not be the Germany that used to dominate.

• Like 2

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  0

We should express our gratitude for having Gareth Southgate as our coach. Once he leaves, we will likely regress to being an average team that can only hope to reach the semi-finals or knockout stages of major tournaments. Those who have constantly criticized him will soon realize how valuable he was. Sometimes, we fail to appreciate someone's worth until they are gone. This is evident with Germany, who are now experiencing difficulties due to their own costly errors. In all honesty, I'm not surprised by their current struggles.

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,921
  • Days Won:  162

i dont keep up to date with many international teams, so i was not aware about this and did not know that germany were having a difficult time. could it be because of the shift with the bundesliga seeing more foreign players join and less top german's leaving for the likes of the premier league? 

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,444
  • Days Won:  287

It really wasn't such a surprising decision - Germany had won just four of their previous 17 games, an unimaginably poor record for them. And this in the run-up to the 2024 European Championships in Germany, where the team will be under pressure to deliver. A good club manager doesn't always make a good national team manager, as we discovered with Taylor, Capello and many others.

Which brings us to the new man, Julian Nagelsmann, who has been given an eight-month contract. This makes no sense at all - if you're going down the short-term route, you want someone who has managed a national team before, such as Louis Van Haal or Steffen Kuntz. Instead they've appointed someone who has only been a club manager and who prefers a high-octane pressing style that takes a lot of coaching - not something you can really drill into the players during international breaks.