Scunthorpe Utd worrying times

Piethagoram

Apparently Gainsborough did have an agreement with Scunny, but they weren't informed of it at this time and no safety protocols are in place. Pure tinpottery.

They're in big trouble. They splashed the cash to bring in players like Cal Roberts and Jacob Butterfield, now they've been given winding up orders and are leaving their ground. Was the money even there to begin with? It doesn't sound like there's a lot of hope right now. 

Also, Cal Roberts has some serious bad luck. I hope I never end up on a plane with him. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

The Athletic did a piece on the Scunthorpe owner David Hilton (if that is his real name!) and how he’s been previously convicted of fraud.  Like @DangerousSausage says they’ve spent big and I agree, I'm doubtful they even had the money to do it. It’s all very reminiscent of us and Munto (granted on a smaller scale). Big money signings for the level, quickly followed by questions being asked about the owner when someone does a bit of digging.

He also got the seal of approval from none other than Alan Hardy!

Speaking to ITV Yorkshire about the proposed takeover, Hardy said: “To be fair to him (Hilton), he’s taken Ilkeston on to the next level. He’s put in a 3G pitch and he’s done loads of work around the club. I hope he does exactly the same job that he’s done for Ilkeston Town that he does at Scunthorpe because that would be amazing. I don’t know the people of Scunthorpe. I’ve only interacted with a couple of dozen on Twitter, but what I have found is an immense passion and desire for great football and success at Scunthorpe United. If David Hilton does for Scunthorpe what he’s done for Ilkeston, then I think they’re going to be in good hands.”

It was doomed from the start, it definitely doesn’t look good for them.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

it reminds me of coventry but without their support, scunthorpe united sound like they are in a dire position here. i feel sorry for ex players like cal roberts who seemed to be a great summer recruitment. i hope the fans dont suffer to much, but they have players who are assets to other clubs and thats one small glimmer of hope. they just need a new owner which could be difficult to find.

• Like 5

We all know how the fans feel.I hope.I wish the club well but it doesn't look very good.

• Like 4

Their fans were **obs last season with us, but I wouldn't wish this on them. I would hope that they think more carefully about what chants they sing, especially considering we were one of the best teams last season in the National League. Meanwhile, they were one of the worst, if this is a glimpse as to what their owner may have tolerated then it's like shooting your foot or cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Something their fans may want to suggest, but I do wish them well. Not having their ground and relying on someone else is awful.

• Sad 3