Notts Fans Forum

Fan of Big Tone

Supporter+

Notts are holding a fans forum on 21st November, I won’t be there because it’s season ticket holders only by the looks of it plus another small matter is that it’s Mrs. T’s birthday and I value my life. :joker:

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news/2023/november/fans-forum-081123/?fbclid=IwAR1eOdLSa7xbAmXhRSJGgkMFkq5rkJpU5Cx0kU9JsNYrfusqNJBgfGjQEwc_aem_AT9K68Us5314Crc3bZYejeoRin53fQ7hYg_14aPg5TnA6ixxzBhJiOiipEJuPBxOybM

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Undecided if I will go, I can get the same benefits from watching the stream.

If JJ or Mark were interested then maybe, but not knowing who's able to make it - that alone makes it hard for me to decide. It should be a great night though.

• Like 7

With humble apologies to @Fan of Big Tone... I did have a cursory glance of forum topics, so must have missed it

I have already submitted my "searching" questions!!!

Can season ticket holders have access to free Aviation gin , courtesy of @Dry Nelson Ray ?😉

Why after years and years of no one sitting next to me, I now have to contend with "new supporters" filling the Pavis :rollonfloorlaughing:

When can we expect the monorail to arrive ? 🚝

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Supporter+
1 hour ago, Piethagoram said:

With humble apologies to @Fan of Big Tone... I did have a cursory glance of forum topics, so must have missed it

No worries @Piethagoram a moderator ( @DangerousSausage?) was quick off the mark and merged the topics.

I love your questions, particularly the monorail one. :joker: I wonder how many younger readers or new fans will wonder what you mean.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I can't go, but in the light of our fantastic crowds recently I'd be interested to know whether plans are afoot to bring up the capacity again, or at least open a section of the Sirrel stand to Notts fans for big games.

Secondly: can I play? I used to play in a vaguely defensive role, am very slow and can't head the ball. LW can send me a direct message if he's interested.

11 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

When can we expect the monorail to arrive ?

I heard those things are awful loud?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

On 10/11/2023 at 09:42, Piethagoram said:

Can season ticket holders have access to free Aviation gin , courtesy of @Dry Nelson Ray ?😉

You bet! Christmas is just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than with a bottle of Aviation Gin? And if we could get @super_ram to give it a whirl, well, that would be the icing on the holiday cake. So, Super, if you’re listening, consider this your official invitation to join the Aviation Gin fan club. Trust me, it’s a party you don’t want to miss.

None of you would want to miss this, Cheers! 🍸

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1. Increased fan support: The chief executive, Joe Palmer, acknowledges and appreciates the growing fan base, highlighting the positive trend in attendance over the seasons.
  2. Strategic recruitment: The head coach, Luke Williams, praises the club's recruitment strategy, emphasizing the importance of players adapting to the new environment and the careful consideration of various attributes.
  3. Stadium improvements: The club is actively looking into enhancing the stadium experience, with plans to address issues such as obscured view seats, LED boards, and potential astroturfing of the dog track.
  4. Marketing and fan engagement: The club is conducting a marketing review to improve fan engagement and the overall match day experience, aiming to attract new supporters while ensuring existing ones have a special and memorable experience.
  5. Transparency on challenges: The forum provides insights into challenges faced by the club, such as financial constraints, stadium limitations, and the need for innovative solutions, demonstrating transparency and a commitment to addressing issues head-on.

I wasn’t present in person, but I did watch the live stream. I found the audio to be rather subdued. To discern much of what was being said, I had to connect external speakers to my laptop, which is unusual as I typically have to reduce the volume. The overall production appears to be a significant enhancement over previous endeavours. It came across as a fruitful fan forum.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

The fans forum was really productive, the bit where Luke Williams explains the short corners is hilarious! I don’t reckon fans need to keep questioning our managers, it was the same with Ian Burchnall. The game’s changed and I think Williams has shown a level of understanding that makes it daft to question his decision to play short corners at every chance. I’m chuffed fans enjoyed it and feel closer to the club, that’s really important.

• Like 4

Supporter+

I’m working my way through the video, it’s two and three quarter hours long, I’ve done around an hour so far, interesting stuff.

The fans forum was excellent, very enjoyable to watch and it shows that we’re not just settling for the status quo. That’s a good thing, although I still think there could be improvements in the ticket office, club shop, and when contacting the club. Getting a response to an email seems almost impossible.

• Like 2

I didn’t attend, but I have listened and read the piece @TheSkipper wrote, which I thought was excellent. Notts really did host a good fans forum, which adds excitement for those who attended and for some of us at home who see the progress of the club. I can’t express enough gratitude towards Luke Williams and the Reedtz brothers.

Edited by Countyman
  • Like 1