Lampard for Oxford United???

Piethagoram

Supporter+
2 hours ago, Piethagoram said:

Has Lampard ever demonstrated any real success as a manager.

@super_ram might have an opinion on that, Lampard did take the Rams to a play off final, is that success or failure?

• Like 2

Lampard was The Rams manager for the 2018/19 season.His first game was at Meadow Lane where I witnessed the pre season friendly which ended  4-1 to my team.He brought in several high profile loans in Fikayo Tomori from Chelsea,who was voted Derby's player of that season(now playing for AC Milan),Harry Wilson from Liverpool(Now playing for Fulham and Wales in the Prem) and also from Chelsea ,Mason Mount (now playing for Man Utd and England) He undoubtedly acquired these loanees due to his connection with Chelsea and also Steven Gerrard at Liverpool..Derby finished the season in 6th place,same as the previous season but with 74 points ,one fewer than previous season..A notable victory during his tenure was in the EFL cup when beating Man Utd at Old Trafford in a penalty shootout.He did get us to the Championship play off final but lost to 2- 1 to Villa.So to summarise, after losing the returning loanees at the end of the season,Derby ended one point fewer and still in The Championship.Considering the backing he got from Derby and help from connections he actually took Derby backwards.Yes, @Piethagoram he was a FAILURE.He didn't do much in his subsequent positions as manager either.It seems a reputation as a player goes a long way beyond playing days.

@Fan of Big Tone I hope that answers your question and I didn't even mention his dithering with the open secret of him leaving to manage Chelsea.

• Like 3

i think he will end up bringing in loans to oxford if he gets the oxford job. i dont think he knows league one football enough to do a proper job, he seems to favourite bringing in expensive players and his time at derby was more down to the clever loans he managed to secure when derby were a very good championship team.

• Like 1