Christmas Market

Supporter+

We’ve been into town for the first time in years to see the Christmas Market, it’s very impressive, we did however resist the temptation to try the ice skating instead we had two coffees and two pieces of cake in Patissierie Valery, my god you need a mortgage to eat in that place £17.50!! Glad that’s all we had, I felt quite guilty when we came out and saw lots of homeless people in doorways. 😪

Victoria Centre was heaving we were quite relieved to get out and on the bus home, getting too old for shopping in town.

IMG_5532.jpegIMG_5528.jpeg
IMG_5531.jpeg

IMG_5530.jpeg
IMG_5529.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Supporter+
39 minutes ago, JustLikeJuve said:

The Council earns a decent sum from each stall, which partly explains the high prices. Personally, I wouldn’t have shelled out for it, but I can see why others might. For that price, I hope it was the best cake you’ve ever tasted and not just run-of-the-mill.

@JustLikeJuve It was very nice cake, it wasn’t from a stall though it was in Patissierie Valery which is just off the market square.

• Like 4

nice to see you and mrs tone getting out to somewhere local.

i avoid the christmas market because its too busy and the last time i was near it, i kept almost getting ran over by those annoying delivery people on bikes even though i was looking where i was going. its too stressful to.

glad you enjoyed your cake, tho it makes me feel like i am getting old when i would say id never pay that much for two slices.

• Like 5

I really should start selling cakes instead of prints. 😂

I am actually a very decent baker, I got this love from Granny Pie, who would always make nice treats for Christmas and birthdays. Right, that's it, from this day onwards. We will be recognized as the Pride of Nottingham, the ultimate Cake Community. 😁😛

No more DangerousSausage renamed as 'DangerousCupCake'. Fan of Big Tone as 'Fan of Chris' we'll drop the big there shall we? Cakeofagram, LiamMuffin, Super_VictoriaSponge, Cheeky-Trifle... I have all to you to thank @Fan of Big Tone.

Oh I almost forgot, Oh, custard and cream please for Ohh Tommy Johnson.

PS. I am glad you both had a nice trip into Nottingham, for some festive fun! Thanks for sharing.

• Haha 5

Supporter+

You don’t need a food hygiene certificate for prints @Chris

P.S. I think Super Fruit Cake would be better for Mr. Ram 😂

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

You don’t need a food hygiene certificate for prints @Chris

Exuse me, what are you trying to say? :unsure:

I have been responsible for maintaining a high standard of hygiene within two of Nottingham's best hotels and restaurants. In addition, to work in a care home. I always ensure that I obtain my food and maintain hygiene safely. 😁😂 When I make pizza or something at home, I wash my hands constantly because it's well drilled in I must add Mr Tone. 😝

59 minutes ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

P.S. I think Super Fruit Cake would be better for Mr. Ram 😂

Ooo, I'm definitely pinching this.

• Like 2

Supporter+

@Chris humble apologies I forgot you’ve been involved in the catering industry.

It sounds like a few of Granny Pies baking skills have been inherited by you, will we see you on the Great British Bake Off in the future? 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Haha! @Fan of Big Tone

Seriously, I have fond memories of baking with my mum and I think it's safe to say she also inspired @cheeky~k8 with baking too. All of our families cakes are usually made by Kate, so I don't get to do it very often, but I do love baking.

I actually got your point though: it's a very strict business in regard to selling bakery and cakes.

Whilst I am sure there's people here who would love some of the cakes near to it's best before, I am certain Kate wouldn't want us storing them as I do prints. lol

• Like 3

Supporter+
8 minutes ago, magpiejue said:

Mum and I had a look round the Christmas Market a few weeks ago, tried to get her on the wheel but she wasn't having any of it. Lol. My brother said they were charging £8 for a hot dog on there. Rob dogs more like. 

@magpiejueI wouldn’t want a ride on the wheel either, I don’t like heights, I get scared at the top of the Pavis stand. :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1