Just a General Chat

I understand that Christmas can be a challenging period for some, so I wanted to extend a hand to the PON community. If anyone is struggling or would like to chat with someone who's always ready to listen, please feel free to send me a private message.

In the meantime, how about we engage in a general chat about topics not related to football?

I'm aware that Tony usually posts about the weekends, but I thought we could discuss what everyone is planning for Christmas and the New Year? To get the conversation started, we can then shift to any topic that comes up. The main goal is to have a discussion where we all listen to each other.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Supporter+

You’ve stolen my thunder @CliftonMagpie I was going to start a thread later in the week about plans for Christmas.

You are absolutely right about Christmas being a sad time for some, it’s a time traditionally when families get together and when someone is missing it naturally leaves a hole that will never be filled again and that is the case for me and I know for other people on here. So folks when your enjoying your festivities with your families around treasure every moment because it could be the last Christmas before you lose someone that won’t be there next time.

I will offer the same invitation to anyone that wants to talk, please message me, I  am a trained volunteer and help to run a support group for people bereaved by suicide after a tradegy in our family. I don’t have all the answers but I’m a good listener.

This year my son and his family including two of our grandchildren will be coming to our house for Christmas Eve until the day after Boxing Day, we will have a fun time but there will be an empty chair again this year.

Christmas Eve we will have a buffet with some games etc., Mrs. T and myself will cook the turkey Christmas Day and on Boxing Day our son and Daughter in Law will cook a lovely roast beef dinner. Fun anf laughter will be the order of the day.

@CliftonMagpie what will you be doing this year?

• Like 4
  • Love 1

i will be spending christmas with my mum and then later on in the evening i will be visiting my dad. i dont really bother much with christmas, i buy presents etc but other than it feels like a normal day to me. i dont have much up in terms of decorations, just a tree.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

@CliftonMagpie what will you be doing this year?

In the days before Christmas and on Christmas Day itself, my family comes to Clifton. I stay at home until about 1:15 to 1:30 in the afternoon. After that, we all gather at my grandparents’ place or at the home of whoever is hosting the Christmas dinner. It’s usually my grandparents, but sometimes other family members do the cooking. After our meal, we typically play board games together until about 7 to 8 in the evening. Then, we go home to enjoy the rest of the night.

• Like 3

At some point during the day, we will be calling by @super_ram and spending some time with him. This will probably be after Christmas dinner, so the day will start with presents and watching things together. I assume Jake will be on his PlayStation more than being downstairs, but we will be eating together. We have invited him to spend a few days afterwards with us, which I am looking forward too.

Supporter+

It’s the shortest day today so the nights will start to get lighter. :clapping:

Mrs. T has been baking mince pies, sausage rolls and chocolate log, enough to feed an army, so it’s definitely beginning to look a bit like Christmas.