Greeting from Sunny Lanzarote

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,772
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Have you missed me? What, no? Why not? :joker:

We had a good flight here on Monday although my ears blocked up and took a day or so to clear, does anyone else suffer like that on flights? Hopefully we kept the plane reasonably tidy for @Fozzy who was on his way home on the same plane.

Spoiler alert! I am about to make you extremely jealous so don’t read on if you are of a sensitive nature.

The weather is amazing wall to wall sunshine with temperatures hovering around 22-25 degrees during the day. We are in an all inclusive hotel with great food and drink on offer all day so I will return  about two stone heavier. :biggrin:

On checking the forum I see that my mate (adversary) @super_ram has overtaken me on the prediction league, that will never do, I shall have to sort that out asap, we can’t let him get too big for his boots. :rollonfloorlaughing:

Well that is all for now fellow PoN forumites, I’ll just leave you with a couple of pics to warm you up.

B5D5733D-322F-45F5-8AAF-49F88BB77A3F.jpeg

4A10CF17-8F1C-4475-94EC-47BE8550CC67.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

@Fan of Big Tone Looks nice and clear🌞, looks like the Sahara sand in the sky has gone. We have a biting north easterly wind here this morning😮. Just the usual UK winter weather. Enjoy yourself.🌞

• Like 4

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

Couldn't you have sneaked me inside your luggage? It looks lovely and warm there.

I hope Mrs T is relaxing and enjoying being there; it's a well deserved break. Besides, @Fan of Big Tone you still need to be waiting on your other half. What's the point of being on holiday, if the man servant isn't working too? 🤣

Enjoy it, because I am sure a lot of us here are envious.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

i am fed up of winter and the cold, so i am jealous that you are enjoying the sunshine! dont brag, share it with us. 🫣😂

i enviously await your next update.

• Like 2

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,702
  • Days Won:  36

Plane was nice and tidy, thanks @Fan of Big Tone 😁. Nice to see the weather is holding up well, we only went for a few days as off to Morocco in May, but we loved it (especially the strawberry daiquiri’s). Funny as the most alcoholic drink we think we had was a giant rum & raisin ice cream with an actual shot of rum over the top from one of the bars on the front.

Back to reality now, work, rain and cold!!!

• Like 2

• Followers:  20
  • Content Count:  8,294
  • Days Won:  69

6 hours ago, liampie said:

i am fed up of winter and the cold, so i am jealous that you are enjoying the sunshine! dont brag, share it with us. 🫣😂

i enviously await your next update.

Same here @liampie

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Fan of Big Tone said:

Have you missed me? What, no? Why not? :joker:

We had a good flight here on Monday although my ears blocked up and took a day or so to clear, does anyone else suffer like that on flights? Hopefully we kept the plane reasonably tidy for @Fozzy who was on his way home on the same plane.

Spoiler alert! I am about to make you extremely jealous so don’t read on if you are of a sensitive nature.

The weather is amazing wall to wall sunshine with temperatures hovering around 22-25 degrees during the day. We are in an all inclusive hotel with great food and drink on offer all day so I will return  about two stone heavier. :biggrin:

On checking the forum I see that my mate (adversary) @super_ram has overtaken me on the prediction league, that will never do, I shall have to sort that out asap, we can’t let him get too big for his boots. :rollonfloorlaughing:

Well that is all for now fellow PoN forumites, I’ll just leave you with a couple of pics to warm you up.

I went out this morning to post my neice's birthday card but the post box was  left on an island in the middle of road works and completely cordoned off.So I had a bit of a walk to another post box.The point of this information is that the wind was bitterly cold and a 10 minute stroll turned into a 45minute arctic hike..So then I read about temperatures of 22-25 degrees when I return home and start catching up on PoN.Never mind,more than compensated by the PREDICTION LEAGUE PLACINGS!!!!!

Enjoy your time on holiday @Fan of Big Tone and make sure you spoil Mrs T rotten.I'm looking forward to further updates(including Temperatures) and widening the PL gap on Saturday.:super::sheep:

• Haha 2

Supporter+

Thanks everyone, yes we are having a lovely time, it’s just what we both needed especially Mrs. T after recent health scares.

whoever coined the phrase Lanzagrotty should be strung up, grotty is the last thing you’d describe this place, there is no sign of dog poo or litter on the streets, the roads and pavements are really well maintained with no potholes and people are happy and smiley which is probably down to the non stop glorious weather. Yesterday it cooled a little but still around 20 degrees, nice enough to sit on the beach and go for a swim in the warm sea.

I did some snorkelling while Mrs. T. sat reading in the shade, I was amazed at the fish swimming around peoples feet you wouldn’t be aware unless you had a face mask. I was intrigued by some fish with a black spot on their tails so I googled it and this came up. :shocked:

https://euroweeklynews.com/2023/09/05/piranha-fright-as-biting-fish-appear-on-alicante-coastline-including-benidorm/

Apparently they only bite old people with warts and moles, not me then. :biggrin:

Here’s a few pics of Lanzagrotty.

BE77D810-7A20-48CE-934D-33B845E33CF8.jpeg

80692FF5-AA4A-412D-88CE-41F4A35B2D36.jpegv

View from our balcony

1D988ABE-E955-48D9-A54E-CD3DFE72A1DA.jpeg
267DF08E-9D2A-4ED8-9822-3A2E9F2D57DC.jpegMrs. T enjoying the sunshine.

• Like 1

Supporter+

Well the holiday had to come to an end some time, we are flying back tomorrow, we’ve had a really fabulous time, I will however need to get back to eating and drinking normal amounts.

Here’s a nice picture of the sunset tonight.

F1DC3B42-F6A0-4E26-824B-D642B2D0CF49.jpeg

• Love 1

I'm pleased you both had a lovely time on holiday.I hope you 're well prepared to return to the weather that's being forecast  though.

• Sad 1

Supporter+
9 hours ago, super_ram said:

I'm pleased you both had a lovely time on holiday.I hope you 're well prepared to return to the weather that's being forecast  though.

Not really @super_ram it’ll be a bit of a shock, I just hope our plane isn’t diverted.

• Sad 1