Handball rule

Piethagoram

The fact that the Wrexham players didn't appeal and began walking back to the centre circle tells  you everything about that Ref decision. This is the whole problem we have with those matches that have VAR, and those without. If the match doesn't have VAR, as in the EFL, every match is televised nowadays, so why can't the Ref have access to a Monitor to see a replay of the event, just to make sure his decision was correct? Teams can get promoted and relegated by a poor Ref decision.

• Like 5

to be honest, i think it was handball. at the time i felt it was very close but i think his arm movement before and after does not help his case. yes, when the ball hits him its very close to his shoulder, but for a brief moment he raised his hand and i think it touched just under at that moment. i have seen another similar goals disallowed.

• Sad 3

It was never a handball by McGoldrick. If VAR was in place, things might have been different with the goal standing. 

However, even with VAR, it might have still resulted in the same decision being made. 

The handball rule seems to be one of the most talked about subjects this season. They've made a mess of how the rule is deemed to be an offence with no one really knowing what is and isn't handball anymore. The letter of the law deems certain things to be handball without taking in to account body actions, natural shape and how close an opponent is when they have struck the ball. It seems to have been made more complicated than it needs to be and should be simplified. Only thing is how do they go about reverting it? Do they go back to the days where handball was a deliberate block with the hand or do they allow players to smash it at the hand from point blank range and we see 10+ handballs a game?

The only thing I can say about Didzy's 'Handball' is that it was made by the referee in real time and as frustrating as that may be, humans make mistakes.

• Like 5

I didn’t reckon it was a handball, I still don’t after seeing the highlights but we must accept it and carry on with what we can control. I don’t want VAR to affect the game at our level and when you have points of discussion like this, it will always lead to that debate.

• Like 4

Based on the highlights, I just don't see it, but perhaps the referee had a better view? Maybe it was the wrong call. I think it looks like the goal should have stood, but I do understand the decision. We wouldn't be complaining if this happened on the other foot, would we? It doesn't make it right, but we will be fine.

• Like 1