Facebook Issues: Down or Hacked?

I suddenly noticed that Facebook had logged me out, I tried to sign in and it wouldn't let me. So, I decided to try to reset my password, which didn't work either. A quick check to see if others were experiencing it, and I see people are speculating that it's been hacked.

It could very well be down but signing users out of its service is a very strange aspect.

Twitter users are having a good chuckle at the expense of Facebook, not that Twitter (Xxcom) doesn't have its own issues.

Hopefully, it's just a case of Facebook being down. It would be quite alarming to think it has been hacked, what with all the information a social media site like it would have.

• Sad 4

Supporter+

Yes same here @Chris I thought it was just me but Mrs. T said hers was the same so I googled “Facebook down” and lots of others have been affected. Let’s hope it’s not been hacked.

• Like 4

Supposedly their data centre, but once I'm home I am going to change my password. A lot of media companies have been wording this incident like there's more to it, I don't trust any social network to be openly honest about having any sort of issues. The likelihood is, someone within Facebook caused the issue by accident. It seems to be back now, but I really do feel cautious about it.

Personally, I wouldn't fret about FB going down. It's just the nature of how widespread it is and with little acknowledgement from Meta themselves.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It’s believed among the press association that the outages were caused by internal issues linked to Threads. Facebook and Instagram lost a lot of money for every second the network was down. There were worries that it might be an attack on the site, but I don’t think this is likely. I’ve noticed that Facebook hasn’t really addressed anything and has carried on as if nothing happened.

• Like 6

I can’t say I would have minded, I rarely use Facebook and it’s not a place where I would spend much time. I’ve seen many people complaining about problems just as much as on Twitter. Elon Musk might not be the only one spoiling what someone else created.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

It’s significant news mainly because so many people have Facebook accounts and it’s one of the biggest websites online. Aside from that, the overreaction and the teasing on Twitter just show how much some people are fixated on social media.

• Like 2

Meta and Facebook, although still popular, aren't very trusted, and Elon Musk is making x.com feel similarly. In the part of Texas where I reside, we have our own community site, a blend of PON and Facebook. I wouldn't mind if the mainstream platforms faded away; I never got into MySpace, so having a local alternative is quite ideal.

• Like 2