Match Discussion: Game 43 - Sulphurites (H)

PON_News

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,404
  • Days Won:  194
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Post match interview with Stuart Maynard.

• Love 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

My MoM was Ashley-Hammond, great penalty save when it was 1-0 and some great saves at important times. The result could have been a lot different if he hadn’t kept them out.

I’m really pleased for Stuart Maynard and the team of course.

I did see @Chris and gave him a wave from the Pavis stand he waved back but I’m not sure he realised it was me. I wanted him to know my lucky hat came good at last.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Supporter+

The big moments from today's match. Enjoy a magnificent run and goal by Jodi 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Content Count:  8,985
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

In total agreement with @Fan of Big Tone "My MoM was Ashley-Hammond, great penalty save when it was 1-0 and some great saves at important times. The result could have been a lot different if he hadn’t kept them out."

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  36

This was a strange one. We were by far the better side, but Harrogate had two one on ones before we scored (although Nemane’s offside looked close). This alongside LAH’s penalty save means that the result could have been entirely different, especially seeing as Harrogate had a real spell of pressure on our goal where LAH made another couple of great saves and saved his best for that point blank tip over the bar!

Thought  Nemane had a good game today, Sam was his usual steady self and Bostock was better today. Chicksen had a bit of a mare when he dropped into the backline for the 2nd half, he lost the ability control the ball!

could someone also tell Crowley to not set foot in our own third of the pitch, he causes me heart palpitations!

• Like 4

Supporter+

Really pleased to see Stuart Maynard get his first home win at home since he was appointed. It has been a long time coming

Now that Notts have finally got this home win after such a barren period, hopefully Notts can kick on from this win and make Meadow Lane a fortress once again.

Regarding the game, it was a good display by Notts. I didn't think that they played so well as they did against MK Dons, but it was nice to see three goals & a clean sheet.

My man of the match has to go to Ashley-Hamnond for several outstanding saves plus the penalty save.

Our goalkeepers have come in for much criticism this season, however, Ashley-Hamnond's contribution was vital at key points in the game.

What a wonderful goal by Jodi showing his amazing skill, and demonstrating that he is one of the best players in this league.

It was also great to see the Notts fans getting behind the team and cheering them on to this win.

There will always be a small element of fans that will be negative toward Maynard, but now it is clear the owners are behind him, I hope that the vast majority of fans will get behind Stuart and the team, and continue to give the support like they gave on Saturday.

U PIES!

• Like 2

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,954
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

I really think we should go to as many of the remaining games as possible because this team will be broken up in the summer and it’s possible the likes of Jodi Jones, Macca and Nemane may not be here next season. I hope I’m wrong.

• Like 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,314
  • Days Won:  17

Well I'm Happy to be Proven Wrong. I thought at Best Notts would get a Draw. But the 3-0 victory will give everyone a Boost. But it might have been a totally different game if Harrogate had taken a couple of their chances and had scored their Penalty. But they didn't and it seemed Luck was with Notts for a change. Young Ashby-Hammond had an excellent game and should have been MOTM, it strange but a Keeper never seems to get that honour. There are still glaring problems with the defence which hopefully will be sorted over the Summer. It was nice to see Macca back on the score sheet, with a well taken Penalty and he's now only 4 goals shy of the 30 goal mark. Jodi's mazy run and goal was a joy to watch and it's clear to see why Clubs higher up the Football Pyramid will be looking at him. Jim also proved that like AJ he too can score with his head. But lets not get carried away after past victories Notts have failed to build on their Win and have Lost their following match lets hope they can get a result at Walsall.

I'm still Not Convinced about Stuart Maynard but the Guy seemed more Relaxed in his after match interview and he's starting to hopefully settle into his role. If the Magpies can go undefeated till the end of the season, not only will it give the Team confidence for next season but will bring dissatisfied Fans back on side and make Maynard's Task a lot more easier.

• Like 2

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  5,501
  • Days Won:  287

A great result and deserved too. With the penalty and Harogate's period of pressure at the start of the second half, the game could easily have slipped away from us again, so it was great for us to get that second goal and decide it in our favour.

I only saw some of the game on video (I heard the rest on the radio), but I thought Crowley made a decent fist of the Palmer-esque tidying-up role a little deeper in midfield.

Let's have more days like this please!

• Like 1