University research on the role of football in response to military conflict

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Days Won:  0

Dear all,

Leading up to the Euro tournament in June this year, I am conducting some research looking at fans’ views towards the role of football in response to military conflict. For those interested in this topic, I have created a short survey that should not take up too much of your time: https://doit.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9zZmrJfShOSBDDw 

Participation is completely voluntary, but I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this topic.

• Confused 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,314
  • Days Won:  17

What? I'm sorry but what the Hell has Football got to do with Military Conflict ? Unless of course your idea is instead of countries going to War they have a Football Match to sort out their differences.? Winner takes it all? And No I've Not taken your survey and have No intension of doing so. What's Next ? Asking Football Fans views on which club as the Best Singing Fans and should they represent the UK in Eurovision?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,985
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

For an "Academic" survey on such a topic, I am very surprised that you did not include the fundamental role of the governing body UEFA, in this case. 

As a football fan, one cannot allow UEFA and FIFA to continually hide behind Swiss secrecy laws. Both organisations need to be financially transparent

• Like 1

Many thanks to those who have completed the survey. It is still live if anyone has a spare few minutes to share their thoughts. 

Last shout to see if anyone has a spare few minutes to help me out with this research project.