Centre-Midfield recommendations 2024/25 transfer window

• Followers:  8
  • Content Count:  2,294
  • Days Won:  58
  • 𝕏:  twitter ARLukomski

Another area of the squad we need to add to and an area that hindered us last season, mainly due to our lack of energy in midfield, our slow build-up play in certain games and an injury to our most important player, Matty Palmer. Plus our inability to break down low blocks.

Having released John Bostock and Jim O'Brien, there is the need to add at least 2 centre-midfielders. Our current midfield options include Matty Palmer, Scott Robertson and if he signs a new deal, Geraldo Bajrami. Baj himself says he prefers playing in midfield.

Notts midfielders 24 25.PNG

Jake Taylor is a player we've already been linked with and Ryan Croasdale has won 2 titles in 3 years at Stockport, getting to the play-off final in the other year. Croasdale is a player I would love Notts to sign. Charlie Lakin is someone I would definitely be after, after an impressive loan spell at Sutton and him and Scott Robertson would be two excellent left-footers to choose from. Charlie McCann is someone we were linked with in January and who has a fantastic passing range and work rate. It may be an expensive deal but I don't think he'll stay at FGR now they've gone down. It would either be loan-to-buy or FGR would terminate his contract to cut their losses, like we did with Kane Hemmings in 2019.

Sadou Diallo won promotion with FGR and has been part of a Derry team, as I said previously, have been Shamrock's closest challengers in Ireland. Diallo's ball retention is very good and his height would be a good asset to have. Adam O'Reilly is the engine in the same midfield at Brandywell. Evan Caffrey has been impressive for Shelbourne and a player I would like us to sign. Technically gifted on the ball and able to play further forward or play deeper. Matt Healy is a box-to-box midfielder who left Ipswich at the end of the 2022-23 season and signed for Belgian Challenger League side Francs Borains. He helped Cork City to promotion in 2022 and is an Ireland under 21 international. A very Football Radar style signing. As would be George McEachran. A player who had huge potential who has since dropped down the leagues to kick start his career again. A left-footed midfielder with a brilliant pass success rate and a player who would help us transition very well. 

Taelor O'Kane is someone I would like us to keep an eye on from Fylde. We've seen in the past that we can sign players from lower leagues and improve them. Langstaff, Scott, Austin. Maynard also helped develop players at Wealdstone. Riley Harbottle, Charlie Barker, Josh Umerah, Rhys Browne, Tahvon Campbell, Sean Adarkwa, Micah Obiero, Sam Howes, George Wickens and Miguel Freckleton. I expect EFL clubs to be looking at O'Kane's potential soon and I think he could develop into a fantastic midfield option. He's already scored 4 goals for Fylde and made nearly 20 appearances last season. The idea is, get him before someone else does or we may regret it.

• Like 1

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,487
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

I do hope that Notts will recruit midfield players who have tenacity, a great work rate, can run all day, don't mind defending and getting those tackles in when required.

And are good ballers too.

• Like 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,059
  • Days Won:  54

Posted (edited)

With O'Brien and Bostock off, there's space to recruit two really good options.

I noticed Charlie Lakin had a really good second half of the season at Sutton, seemed to score every week at one point!

Callum Maycock from Solihull is out of contract and has been offered a new contract – usually a good sign! He played pretty much every game and scored 8 goals too. Most Solihull fans seem to really rate him and is described as “tireless” and “energetic”, not sure how technically good he is though – he doesn’t stick out in memory when we played them.

Interestingly JJ McKiernan is the only player Morecambe have offered a contract to that hasn't turned it down, yet. His defensive stats are surprisingly good, and I know he considers himself more of an attacking midfielder.

Edited by menzinho
  • Like 1