Fankaty Dabo : from touching distance of the Premier League to relegation to National League within 12 months

• Piethagoram changed the title to Fankaty Dabo : from touching distance of the Premier League to relegation to National League within 12 months

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

It shows how quickly a career cab change, but anyone can miss a penalty. What I find most disappointing is the fact there's a player in him, he has the ability but no manager so far since dropping down to League Two has had that management to get his confidence back up. That's extremely disappointing and shows a lack of desire to get players who have played at a higher level performing well enough. He could have been a star for them.

Hopefully, wherever he ends up this time round it will be different. I am not surprised by Steve Cotterill, he only gets the best out of players that are performing well and then gets a higher consistency.

It makes me very thankful to have witnessed the Luke Williams era, as it's the closest I have seen to a manager that cares about the whole of his squad.

• Like 2

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,781
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

I do agree to a point @Chris in what you are saying....

I slightly disagree with "It makes me very thankful to have witnessed the Luke Williams era, as it's the closest I have seen to a manager that cares about the whole of his squad."

I think we were far too sentimental, especially on our defence, some 2 year contracts dished out were unwarranted. LW also brought in Randall, having previously worked with him at Swindon.... didn't turn out too well either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

@Piethagoram I think some fans over did it, but I have witnessed with my own eyes how respectful Luke Williams were to our players, yes, he went off (to which I felt was a mistake) for conceding goals at home - yet he always made sure that he left on good terms with everyone. I have heard from staff how he remembered their names, including folk like @Dan.

Will Randall is a flawed signing, but I can see the thought behind it. Randall sort of isolates himself from the squad, I don't know why but even when I have spoken to him - I haven't found him friendly or bothered. He lacks self motivation, I'm sure Williams tried with him but for whatever reason he isn't responsive. Not even to Stuart Maynard, who gave him cameo appearances and he never took that opportunity. Most fault falls on him as a player, I feel. Defensively, when we went up the board and Williams should've strengthened the defence more, along with being more mindful of the two-year deals, I agree on those points.

• Like 3

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,773
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

“Fankaty Dabo” Sounds like something Jimmy Krankie would say. :joker:

• Haha 1