Woking FC in fear of administration

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,485
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Hopefully, the Club will get the funds to avoid administration, but unfortunately we are seeing more & more instances of this sad situation being repeated across clubs in the lower leagues, as these clubs try to compete in an industry that requires more & more finance that far outweighs the incomes that the lower league clubs can generate.

The only way now is for these clubs to go amateur, because even at a semi professional level, it is still very hard to keep finances on an even keel for nob league clubs.

We keep saying, and it is so true, that we are in the age, where football is concerned, of the haves and have nots, & there didn't seem to be any prospects of this changing at all.

So I'm afraid that we will see much more of this happening and it could spread up the pyramid to include EFL clubs too 

• Like 2

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,780
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @piethagoram

It's not only NL, clubs in EFL 2 lose on average about £1m-£2m a year, EFL 1 can be as much as £5m annual losses and in the Championship , losses of say £10m... It's good to see the new government proposing a Football Regulator, rather than  just talking about it and doing zilch all about it over the last few years

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

Why is this Continuing to Happen? And Why isn't the EFL , Doing Helpful About It? My guess is the only thing the EFL Will Do is Dock Woking 10 points which will probably Condemn them to Relegation. How many Clubs is that in the past season 3,4, 5? who have suffered Financial Problems ? Clearly the Cost of Living isn't helping things Nor is the Fact the Premier League Is Hogging All The Money. It's about time a Good amount of Cash finds it's way down the Football Pyramid to teams like Woking. And to think a Week or Month wages Donated by a Top Earner in the Premier League would solve all of Woking's Financial Problems.

It's Time to Put a Cap on what Top Players can Earn in the Premier League and all other TV Money be distributed equally between other League Clubs including the National League. If a team is Struggling with their Finances there should be a Money Pot in which the EFL can give Clubs in Trouble an Interest Free Loan and have a Financial Expert on Hand to help Clubs use their Funds Correctly, by drawing up Blue Print which a Struggling Club can Work Too. The Premier League & FA  Are Footballs Greatest ENEMY.

• Like 3

• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,485
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Regulator? That will be a complete waste of time and it will not change the status quo because the Football establishment lead by the FA don't want to change anything.

The Premier League is primarily a money making exercise & that will never change.

• Like 1

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I do hope Woking will be okay, it's horrible to see this continue, but it does show the importance of budgeting within your means. I don't wish to sound cruel, but if you own a club and constantly allow it to run at such a huge debt, surely you know at some point this is going to be an issue with your finances?

Alan Hardy thought he was clever, but got bite and proved that he never had enough money for us - let alone Ilkeston Town.

Whilst I'm not sure where Woking's debts come from, they could be historical to a point. Clubs must be aware of what they spend, trim as much as possible and look into avenues where they can generate additional income. Having an owner or board members with fairly deep pockets will only last for so long.

It's Woking's fans I feel the most for.

• Like 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

@Robbie

That's Why I've Stated In The Past, the Premier League Needs To Go It's Own Way. And all remaining Clubs Should be Brought together Form another Governing Body to negotiate  TV Rights. Cap Player Earnings and Transfer Fees. Cut Down on Foreign Players, Coaches and Owners. Produce a More Level Playing Field.

@Chris

As I said there should be a Financial Blue Print Drawn Up by Experts which Lower League Clubs Must Stick  to Help Secure A Clubs Future. And Stop with the 10 point Deductions Which Will Add To A Clubs Woes and Further Pressure. There can be Nothing Worse than a Struggling Club, getting their Act together Sort their Financial Problems, Only To Be Told, Oh By The Way We're Docking You 10 Points.

• Like 1

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

its a shame but it does show how you need to be more wiser with what you spend. teams want to compete and it does make owners want to spend money, money they might not have for the long term. i do hope for their fans things work out.