• Followers:  10
  • Content Count:  7,479
  • Days Won:  166
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Andy Murray has announced his retirement from Tennis after losing in the Quarter Finals of the Olympic Games Doubles event.

Andy Murray certainly put British Tennis back on the map after many years of being in the doldrums.

What a record Andy has. A record to be proud of.

Andy Murray could arguably be described as Britain's best ever Sportsman, but do PON members agree with that opinion, or is there someone else more deserving?

• Love 2

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

@Robbie

A Great player  but I think he should have Retired before Now. Didn't he have a Serious Back Injury or some such injury. I thought he should have Retired then, because he had Nothing To Prove.

He  along with his brother was one of the Children who survived the Dunblane Massacre. To go through that Horror and Achieve what he has, is Truly an Amazing Achievement . Well Done Andy.

On a Happier Note he and his wife were in the Audience of Mock The Week and the Panel took the Rip out of him, and it was very Funny and Andy took all the Ribbing in Good Humour. The episode is on You Tube and well worth the Watch, if you haven't seen it or a second look if you have.

Britain's Best Ever Sports Man? Wow you do like to ask the Hard Questions Fella. I'll give it some thought and get Back to You.

• Like 1

Supporter+

@Wheelbarrow repair man After becoming World number one in 2016, Andy started getting problems with his hip, & it got progressively worse, Andy was defeated in the Wimbledon  quarter finals in 2017, when Andy's hip broke down.

Andy thought he would have to retire after he was defeated in the 2018 Australian open, but later that year he had major hip surgery where his hip joint was resurfaced with metal, and this allowed him to carry on playing, but not to the level he once was, altough last year he managed to get back to 36 in the World. 

But his form and level started to falter, so much that this years Wimbledon would be his last and he would retire after the Olympics.

• Like 2

• Followers:  24
  • Content Count:  30,000
  • Days Won:  1,062
  • 𝕏:  twitter fmcj10

I've never liked him, I don't deny he has been a good player at times.

He was better than the likes of Tim Henman, but that doesn't mean much. The surrounding hype at times is unbearable, as is the whining he does when things don't go his way. He could play some superb tennis, but then look average sometimes against players ranked much lower than him. Seeing him on some of the game shows, like Question of a Sport, he takes himself way too seriously.

In 2011, he played some of his best tennis, but I have found him very inconsistent.

Good luck to him in retirement, but I hope it doesn't mean he'll transition into someone who appears frequently on our TV screens. There's enough annoying ex-sports personalities without him joining the ranks.

• Love 2
  • Surprised 1

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Days Won:  17

@Chris

You know that's Going to Happen, all Major Tennis Tournaments covered by the B.B.C. Mr Murray is going to be either a Pundit or even a Commentator, and Get Paid Vast amounts of Money , just like the Hated Mr Lineker. And You can Bet Just as Equally Annoying, by expressing his opinion On Things Other Than Tennis. If the Beeb don't Get Him, You Can Bet Your Last Pound Sterling Sky Sports Will.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

He swears to much to transition into a commentator for the BBC but punditry he might do. I really hope not, as at times I do enjoy watching Tennis. Plus, I hate to further say negative things about Andy Murray, but he's got no personality. He's not relatable and would bore me to sleep.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Supporter+

@Chris @Wheelbarrow repair man

He's the best mens Tennis player that we have had in the open era, and so what if he's boring to listen to, he made up for that with his Tennis 

He never gave up fighting even though things were getting very difficult for him in his later years. 

He was a great entertainer on the tennis court, and his tennis did all the talking for him.

His record speaks for itself, and I don't think that British Tennis will see his like again.

And as for a career after tennis, why not?

Either as a tennis coach or tennis pundit, his knowledge and his views will be welcomed.

I'm not going to keep saying things about Andy Murray; I personally don't like him or his attitude, but I don't deny he's a good player.

He would make a very good coach.

Supporter+

A great send off for the Legend that is Andy Murray.

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  12,915
  • Days Won:  162

reminds me of my school days. 😅

good luck to him in retirement, if he can inspire or coach the next generation of great british talent that would be great.