Weekly Chat Monday 21st - Sunday 27th Oct

• Followers:  16
  • Content Count:  10,951
  • Days Won:  428
  • 𝕏:  twitter @mainstandpie

Supporter+

Good morning I haven’t looked out the window yet so I don’t know what it’s doing out there but my weather gadget says the temperature is 11.6.

We had a nice night with the grandkids Granny cooked a lovely roast pork Sunday Roast and we sat down to watch a rather bizarre film on Prime called 100s of Beavers, bizarre but very funny, give it a go if you have Prime.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 1

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,373
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Good afternoon. 

We have cloudy skies here but it has been dry all morning with the forecast saying we might get some Sunny intervals later.

It will have to be quick because the sun goes down just before 5pm today 

We have both been busy this morning, out in the garden first thing for a couple of hours mowing the lawn, weeding & removing dead flowers.

It was nice to do about three hours out there. Hopefully that might be the last cut before winter.

Now it's time to relax with a nice cup of tea & biscuits. Any plans for this afternoon? Not really, just sitting down & going to have a relaxing afternoon.

Plan to go out tomorrow morning & remove our dying prairie flowers that have held on quite well this year.

• Like 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  1,110
  • Days Won:  54

I was woken up surprisingly early by the sound of a skip being dropped off just outside my flat this morning. It was for a bungalow across the road where a lady I would chat to every now and again lived. She sadly had a stroke earlier in the year and passed away.

I chatted to one of her sons briefly to ask how he was doing, he said the bungalow had sold so they needed to sort through the house. I noticed he was chucking some rather decent stuff inside the skip. There was a small tv, he said he had no use for but still worked. Now, I didn't need a tv and it wasn't my intention to use this as a kind of side-street Argos but I couldn't help but notice there were some other perfectly good looking objects inside this skip, an ice-cream maker being one of them. I asked if it worked and he said he thought so but there were no instructions for it, he said I was welcome to have it if I liked and anything else for that matter...

So long story short, I got myself an ice-cream maker (it does work), an easel for painting and a pair of stools that just needed a bit of sanding/re-painting.

It's a bit sad to throw away things that still work, I guess maybe some people find it hard to go through their loved ones items and just want to move on but I'm glad I rescued (and still might rescue a few more things) from a landfill site.

• Like 2

Supporter+

I couldn’t agree more @menzinho I’ve also noticed perfectly good stuff being thrown in a skip, I can’t for the life of me work out why they don’t take it to a charity shop if they can’t be bothered to try and sell it, at least then the charity would benefit, or it could be gifted on one of the freecycle sites or Facebook market place, anything is better than landfill.

Supporter+

Morning all, it’s matchday, who’s travelling? I’ll be watching the match on Sky Sports+ which I’m quite impressed with although I miss listening to the Radio Nottm commentary particularly Mark Stallard but it’s nice to watch the game live rather than imagine it in your head from the commentary.

• Followers:  11
  • Content Count:  8,373
  • Days Won:  193
  • 𝕏:  twitter @Robbie_NCFC

Supporter+

Good Morning.

It's a nice morning here with some sunny spells, but a little chilly.

Just had a food delivery. Does save a lot of time rather than going to the super store.

Looking forward to the match tonight. Will be listening on the Radio, & hoping Notts can get a positive result.