Youth team

Notts (5th) v Hartlepool (4th). An opportunity to go fourth if they could win - an achievement in itself after their usual poor start to the season, winning only one of their first eight games.

Notts were dealt a blow when regular keeper Harry Andrews went down with an injury before the game to be replaced by the under 16 keeper.

In an even first half, Hartlepool, playing with the breeze scored twice while Notts squandered their chances to go 0-2 down at half-time.

The second half saw Notts doing more of the attacking and goals from Brad McGowan, a header from a corner and two from top scorer Colby Bishop completed a very entertaining come-back for the young 'Pies.

Thanks for sharing this @shepshedpie, it's good to get the insight of the youth team. Something this site misses and no doubt our members/readers would enjoy.

Colby Bishop sounds like a very promising player, I was surprised not to see him start for the senior squad but I do think he needs to have to time to develop without pressure. Brad McGowan seems to be highly rated also! Well done to the youth team..

A nice read.Hope you eventually get a good player or two coming through for the first team.

Supporter+

I wouldn't mind going to see the youth team sometime, when and where do they play?

Archived