Another whinge-banking

When I was 16 my dad opened an account for me with the TSB .This served me very well over the years as there was a branch in my home town,Alfreton ,and a branch just down the road from where I worked. Some time during the 1990's the TSB merged with LLoyds and eventually became LLoyds TSB.. No problems at all for 40 years.Then last summer I received a letter saying that LLoyds and TSB were to become separate banks again.Last July I was asked to go to the Low Pavement branch (This has been my named branch since about 1965)  of Lloyds TSB so they could update me in person.So I went down a few days later and was told that this branch was reverting to TSB but that my local branch in Aspley was changing to Lloyds.They told me I would be receiving a new  temporary VISA debit card but would be able to continue using the card at both TSB and Lloyds branches.My accounts were split between Lloyds and TSB.This was all fine with me. A week or so later I received the new card which was still Lloyds and a covering letter saying I would get my TSB card sometime in the next 6 months or so.Everything carried on as before until I tried to pay Tesco online. I got in touch with the bank who said everything should be OK and it must be Tesco's fault.Tesco told me it must be the bank's fault.I tired of phoning the bank and Tesco's so decided to wait for my next new card to arrive.In the meantime I've been transferring funds weekly to Joe and Cheeky's account and using their details to pay Tesco. I could still withdraw from the cash machine locally,that is until just after christmas when I tried to make a withdrawal and was refused.I went inside to make a withdrawal at the counter and was told that I would soon no longer  be able to use Lloyds facilities unless I transferred my account to Lloyds. Anyway to save anymore waffling I'll just explain that I went to the local Lloyds bank branch and they arranged for all TSB accounts to be transferred.Last Saturday along with 3 Gas letters I received 2 letters from TSB .One letter told me my accounts were being transferred to Lloyds.The other letter contained a new TSB VISA DEBIT CARD..WHY? I'm pleased to say Tesco accepted my new Lloyds details and the cash machine  paid out today too. Why couldn't TSB have been up front from the start and saved me all this hassle.

Banks are just places which hold your money these days.

Awhile back it was somewhere you could gain an opportunity or actually save. These days I wouldn't trust a bank loan and I wouldn't trust them with my money, I'd rather ask a random guy in the street to look after it.

Yes ,if they'd told me I wouldn't be able to use Lloyds indefinitely I would have changed over last summer. Their actions have just alienated me against TSB.I will add that the service I've received from my local bank,whether it has been known as Lloyds TSB or just Lloyds has been excellent.

my local bank is pretty useful, i find other branches frustrating because some refuse to let me make withdrawals. i cant wait to get a card, then i can so goodbye to going inside.

Just don't forget your PIN number @liampie! :rolleyes:

Like all businesses and a lot of people -just after your money.

Supporter+

I haven't been in a bank for years I prefer to bank on line. Very easy these days.

I haven't been in a bank for years I prefer to bank on line. Very easy these days.

Yes @tonyhateley,we do our banking online.The problems I've had only began after I went to the bank last summer at their request.I was told by the local branch last week,which is now Lloyds,that I COULD have gone there last summer and they would have done the change .

@super_ram Now you've got your banking sorted i'm going on a shopping spree with the extra money of yours still in my account :thumbsup:  Joking... haha!

Living up to your user name again! :angel:

Archived